UK
Release date: November 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Let Me In
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra limited print run

10997013-1410523581-597977.jpg

10997013-1410523581-598011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the movie, but I'm fine with my clear slipcover (and I'm pretty sure I bought the movie and slipcover for $5--much better value than this).

One of the rare occasions where a film I love gets remade and I actually like the remake, and although I do like 'let me in' £20 is too much for me, £15 maybe but my days of buying catalogue titles for £20 are long gone unless it's something very special.....

Audio Commentary by Writer/Director Matt Reeves
Extras:
From the Inside: A Look at the Making of Let Me In" Featurette (17:04)
The Art of Special Effects" Featurette (6:29)
Car Crash Sequence Step-By-Step" Featurette (5:34)
Let Me In Movie Special" Featurette (22:21)
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentray by Writer/Director Matt Reeves and "Play All" Option
- Solving the Puzzle (0:30)
- Reaching Out (02:29)
- Be Me (2:06)
Poster & Still Gallery (33 images)
Startup Trailers for "The Resident" and "Buried"
Blu-ray Exclusive Extra
"Dissecting Let Me In" Picture-in-Picture Feature
Subtitles:
English HoH
Aspect Ratio:
2.40:1
Picture Format:
1080p 24fps
Soundtrack(s):
English Dolby TrueHD 5.1

Let Me In Movie Special" Featurette (22:21)
This Extra is UK only

Too bad that it's the remake, not that the price is any more tempting either... Reeves' version is still good though, lower the price and this could be worth considering.

I really like the current art. Never seen the film though and it doesn't really sound like my sort of thing unfortunately.

People keep hating on this film and calling Let The Right One In 'original' when it's a book adaptation. Read the damn book if you're gonna act like a try hard hipster. ;)

Read the book before seeing either version and actually prefer this adaptation over the Swedish version. :thumbs: Moretz utterly destroys the Swede with yet again a masterclass performance. :cool:

Reactions: Ezcompane and Skog
People keep hating on this film and calling Let The Right One In 'original' when it's a book adaptation. Read the damn book if you're gonna act like a try hard hipster. ;)

In terms of films, which is what we're actually here discussing, Let The Right One In IS the original. Read the damn thread if you're gonna act like "the cool guy". ;)

All in good jest, I respect those who like and dislike any or all versions of the story. But really, why not say 'the Swedish version'?
I've read the book and watched both films trust me when I say I am anything but cool. :D

Reactions: satanclaus
All in good jest, I respect those who like and dislike any and all 3 versions of the story. But really, why not say 'the Swedish version'?
I've read the book and watched both films trust me when I say I am anything but cool. :D

Same mate, I just couldn't resist. I think it is simply as I said, because we're here discussing films, it doesn't make sense to mention the book version as being the original, because in terms of films, LTROI is the original. But in terms of everything, the book is the original, LTROI is a book adaptation and LTM is a remake/retelling.

Potato/Potahto!

Reactions: Skog
I really like the current art. Never seen the film though and it doesn't really sound like my sort of thing unfortunately.

Obviously, people's tastes differ and you know what you like and don't like better than anyone else. What I would say is, don't be put off by thinking of this as a vampire flick. It isn't. The vampire element is just one aspect of a broader canvas, which revolves around a young, lonely and bullied 12 year old boy. It's his story which is the essence of the movie. It's also one of the few US remakes that actually lives up to the standard of the European original. So, watch it with an open mind, you might surprise yourself and actually enjoy it.