UK
Release date: November 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Let Me In
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra limited print run

10997013-1410523581-597977.jpg

10997013-1410523581-598011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I must sound like a broken record, but this is going to look terrible if it ends up being bare metal instead of white. Think I might hold off ordering until we know either way

Completely agree, this 100% MUST be full white and gloss for the present art to even remotely work. But this being Zavvi it will either be a sh*tty matte or bare metal.

Reactions: DJ IXS
don't feel the cover art... just the font and blood spatter...?... meh...
and if it's matte finished... it'd be really really really dull steelbook...

Last edited:
Obviously, people's tastes differ and you know what you like and don't like better than anyone else. What I would say is, don't be put off by thinking of this as a vampire flick. It isn't. The vampire element is just one aspect of a broader canvas, which revolves around a young, lonely and bullied 12 year old boy. It's his story which is the essence of the movie. It's also one of the few US remakes that actually lives up to the standard of the European original. So, watch it with an open mind, you might surprise yourself and actually enjoy it.
Thanks for the info mate... your description of the film has definitely sold it to me more than the official synopsis. Guess I'll give it a chance by checking it out before making up my mind on whether to buy this steelbook or not.

Reactions: mlmaier84
I would actually prefer this to be matte (white) with the title and all the blood spot glossed and the title either embossed or debossed.

I think if matte, it will give the snow a more "powdery" look. And if the title and blood are spot glossed, then it will bring a really nice contrast to the cover. And I think I can speak for most when I say everyone loves an embossed/debossed title!

i havent seen the remake but the original is great. i dont get the need to remake a perfectly adequate film a mere 1 or two years after the original came out. i cant see how this one can be better since the original is great.

it seems the remake only exists for people too lazy to read subtitles.

plus the other one is regarded more highly by critics.

The Swedish film was good but so is this version from Hammer Films
Its from Hammer Films Productions
One of the best ever Horror Film Production companies to come out of the UK
Most film horror films directors were inspired by Hammer Films and Amicus Films 2 of the best UK horror films companies of the 50's to 70's
If it was not for Hammer Films alone Universal would have gone bust
The curse of Frankenstein and Horror of Dracula saved Universal

Different versions of a story can be good or bad this is still a good version and good entertainment
Any release that from Hammer Films I will support and promote especially as I was involved with promoting their Film Soundtrack releases with Silva Screen Records

As a massive Hammer Horror Fan this is one of the easiest decision to purchase and I would love to see all Hammer Horror and Amicus Films get Steelbook releases

Last edited:
i havent seen the remake but the original is great. i dont get the need to remake a perfectly adequate film a mere 1 or two years after the original came out. i cant see how this one can be better since the original is great.

it seems the remake only exists for people too lazy to read subtitles.

plus the other one is regarded more highly by critics.

As you say you haven't seen it so I can understand your incorrect assumption but know that this is different to the Swedish film. They're both individual adaptations of the same source. It's not a remake.

It's not a remake, it's a different interpretation of the novel, streamlining the story and cutting plot parts from the book that featured in the Swedish version. This has a very different tone to the first film and imo works far better for it.

If we are playing the remake card then sorry but the Swedish film is a remake too as every vampire oriented film in cinema history owes a debt to Stokers Dracula and Nosferatu. :p