There will be 2 slip boxes
NEW SLIP DESIGNS!!!
11884968_512119912285335_1032109329467898489_o.jpg

11947940_512119908952002_4860396630080777959_o.jpg

11900124_509047912592535_8891553032391992510_o.jpg

11914745_509047939259199_3786324306752716000_o.jpg
11401324_483457505151576_2705528954532457893_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing disappointing is that they seem to have gone light on the Bonus Items,

there is no ''Character Cards'' and ''Art Cards/Post Cards'' as Usual :dunno:

@Mickle_89 Best way is to view one for yourself, here are 2 post with many pictures of ''Big Eyes'' which was a Scanavo FullSlip with Scanavo Case.

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-asian-collectibles.60291/page-5#post-1531175
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-asian-collectibles.60291/page-5#post-1531177

look at all those pictures about 15 of them you'll see what it is well...
Thank you kindly @Actarus! :happy: Those links/pictures were most helpful and I now have a much clearer understanding regarding Scanavo :thumbs:

I think I was uncertain also as I watched an unboxing of Van Helsing which I believe was a Scanavo package (to the best of my recollection) but a big disappointment was the transparent plastic on the front of the plastic case being heavily "rippled".

The Fullslip however was stunning but I was somewhat put off by the "rippled effect" on the plastic of the Blu-ray case. I think the unboxing video was from @tridon (if memory serves me correctly) :naughty::angel:

Reactions: tridon
Thank you kindly @Actarus! :happy: Those links/pictures were most helpful and I now have a much clearer understanding regarding Scanavo :thumbs:

I think I was uncertain also as I watched an unboxing of Van Helsing which I believe was a Scanavo package (to my recollection) but a big disappointment was the transparent plastic on the front of the plastic case being heavily "rippled".

The Fullslip however was stunning but I was somewhat put off by the "rippled effect" on the plastic of the Blu-ray case. I think the unboxing video was from @tridon (if memory serves me correctly) :naughty::angel:

Its my Pleasure :) It is very possible that there was an issue with the item you saw, 2 of my Scanavo FullSlip Blu-ray Packages are not perfect, but it wasn't so bad as to request a replacement...more hassle than anything else... but Normally they are pretty nice ! The only Thing that Bugs me with ''Let Me In'' Scanavo FullSlip Blu-ray Release is that they went very light on the Bonus items...only a Booklet :confused: ...although the Blu-ray Slip Case Artwork(the Brown one that was supposed to be the choice for a FullSlip, they used the creepy(the brown one that she has her ear to the wall listening to the other side on that artwork, her stair, her eyes are sooo Creepy :ohno: wonderful Artwork for the Blu-ray Amaray CAse Artwork, could not have been a better artwork choice for the Amaray)

Reactions: Mickle_89
Hey guys! :) I have never bought a Scanavo case before, therfore I've never personally seen or held one in-hand... :bag:

I'm liking the look of this package for "Let Me In" but what exactly is a Scanavo case? Is it basically a plastic Blu-ray type case with artwork etc?

I'm tempted as the overall package looks awesome (what with the Fullslip/booklet) but as I'm not familiar with Scanavo cases in general, I'm unsure whether to bite... :ohno:

I'd appreciate any insight from a more knowledgeable Ninja in regards to Scanavo Case packages :thumbs: Thanks!
Scavano is in fact to name a keepcase thicker than a normal amaray/keepcase.
Thickness for a normal amaray/keepcase= 11 millimeters
Scavano keepcase= 14 millimeters
So you something that look like a steelbook for the size.

I caved and ordered one. I like the film but not nearly as much as the original, but it's an upgrade over my US slip. I love the art (I have it on a poster). And I needed another order with Nova to get my JSA replacement disc.

'Scanovo case' is just their way of saying it is an amaray version. It would be like Criterion saying their movies come in Criterion cases. Scanovo makes them, but they are just amaray cases.

Not quite. They're different from the blue amaray cases. They're the same style as Criterion cases. Clear, with art that goes to the top of the case.

@Actarus Around about the 5 minute mark is when you can see the issue I was referring to earlier. To clarify, this isn't the "norm" for Scanavo cases then is it... ?

I see what you mean....

I went and Inspected all the ones I have about 6...and what I noticed that ripple effect it seems that it might be the way they manufacture them as it is extremely faint you can see that the plastic on the Amaray CAse is not 100% smooth from top to bottom on the edge that it is attached, it seems at a few spots it does some very very very faint ripple... so that VAn Helsing is an ''extreme case''.. what I noticed that bothered me more, is the Picture that slides under the Amaray Case Plastic, the paper Artwork that slides under, they are not careful sliding them under as they all seem to have some couple to few bent type of look in the paper... you know if you hold a paper and are not careful handling it, it can create a crease...hard to explain but those are minor issues...if they were to be more careful when inserting the paper they could avoid making those creases when inserting under the plastic...but still worth owning, they are still super despite those minor things I saw...FYI I am extreme OCD

I very much appreciate your help @Actarus! :emb: I'm happy to hear your comments and insight as I had wrongly assumed that the extreme "ripple effects" were perhaps the norm in regards to Scanavo :LOL:

I hear ya there buddy! Damn OCD'ness! :LOL::rofl::hilarious:

hahaha yes darn OCD :banghead: ...I actually just took one Amaray Case from Scanavo and slide my finger on the edge from top to bottom (where the ripples are on the video) and I can feel faint bumps at every inch or inch 1/2... you can see a few but very faint... so it must be their manufacturing process, but its not something that would stop me from collecting them they are truly fabulous :oohyeah: ...just Opened ''The Signal'' and same thing but what a stunning Release, this is my 3rd dip into this movie and they have to be Amazing Scanavo FullSlip to have me made Purchase a 3rd release of ''The Signal'' ..but Loved the movie and Amazing Scanavo blu-ray Package btw, really nice :drool:

Boo! I really don't like that version, only the 'light' version. So the question is: will they release that one in a few months time when this one has sold out, like they've done with various others or will this definitely be the only version released...?
IF they do sell out then I'm 99% sure they will do it. But what worries me more is that they'll do a ****** version. Like how they with Moon among others.

IF they do sell out then I'm 99% sure they will do it. But what worries me more is that they'll do a ****** version. Like how they with Moon among others.
Moon was a whole different thing. That was an unprecedented and unplanned second edition (which was a lesser version). The other edition of LET ME IN was planned and has already gone through design, etc.
A whole different situation.

I caved and ordered one. I like the film but not nearly as much as the original, but it's an upgrade over my US slip. I love the art (I have it on a poster). And I needed another order with Nova to get my JSA replacement disc.

Not quite. They're different from the blue amaray cases. They're the same style as Criterion cases. Clear, with art that goes to the top of the case.
Blue is not always the default color. You can get clear amaray cases anywhere. Amaray doesn't = blue, it is a signifier of the style of case it is. Black DVD cases are also amarays.
But Criterion or Scanovo clear Amaray cases are no different than the ones you can buy at Microcenter or Amazon. Having the 'Scanovo' name before the word 'case' means nothing.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
:thumbs:You bet! It is the SLIPCOVER that is important on these!!:thumbs:
Yup... That is what drew me to this package! :drool: As others have mentioned (RE: the white slip) it's a shame as the
that artwork looks badass too!!! :cool::cigar:

So am I correct in thinking (going by others posts here) that there's a strong likelihood that the white slip will become available in due course OR is it just pure speculation as of now... ?

Reactions: C.C. 95
Moon was a whole different thing. That was an unprecedented and unplanned second edition (which was a lesser version). The other edition of LET ME IN was planned and has already gone through design, etc.
I'm talking about the third edition of Moon :p
But I get what you're saying though...

Reactions: C.C. 95

@C.C. 95, your latest avatar is creeping me out.

I'll be very sad if D'ailly doesn't eventually release the white version. The "chocolate" version is actually my favorite by a slight margin (I love that front cover image), but I consider these two slips to be two halves of one conceptual piece. I buy multiple variations of a release on occasion, but it's usually just because I can't decide between them. This is the first time I've seen two variants that really play off of each other in a way that demands you buy them both. It's also the first time that I was going to buy multiple versions of a release without the slightest guilt or resentment.