Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: July 31st, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Zoom - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £21.99 (Zavvi) - £20.00 (Zoom) - £19.99 (HMV - Amazon)

11431074-3134470814755333.jpg

11431074-4354470814797021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these steelbooks also affected by the production issue with the vertical dent on the upper right frontcover? Probably all german Life Steelbooks are affected by this issue.

Last edited:
Mine arrived damaged. The last 2 steelbooks from Zavvi have arrived very poorly packaged in a non padded thin cardboard cover. I wouldn't even call it a box. I thought their old white boxes with a think piece of foam were inadequate. This is a real step down. Don't think I'll order any more steelbooks from them, too risky. Very disappointing.

Mine arrived damaged. The last 2 steelbooks from Zavvi have arrived very poorly packaged in a non padded thin cardboard cover. I wouldn't even call it a box. I thought their old white boxes with a think piece of foam were inadequate. This is a real step down. Don't think I'll order any more steelbooks from them, too risky. Very disappointing.
Was it shipped from Schiedam, Netherlands?

When shipped from there, Zavvi seems to use that type of mailer or A1 cardboard envelopes (both equally bad for shipping steelbooks, I think).

My copy arrived with the vertical manufacturing dent in the top right hand corner. I contacted Zoom and explained the issue to them and asked if I could have a partial refund and keep the item. They refunded me £7.00!!
Total cost of the item with the refund and 10% discount with code came to £11.00.
RESULT!!!!!

My copy arrived with the vertical manufacturing dent in the top right hand corner. I contacted Zoom and explained the issue to them and asked if I could have a partial refund and keep the item. They refunded me £7.00!!
Total cost of the item with the refund and 10% discount with code came to £11.00.
RESULT!!!!!

Congrats on your £11 damaged steelbook, I guess :/

To be honest, the dent is barely noticeable. I guess for some it may be a real issue but for me it isn't. In my case it is only noticeable when held at an angle with light reflecting on it.
For the price I paid I'm happy to overlook it

Last edited:
RESULT!!!!!

Thanks for the warning :thumbs:

Can't get much glossier than this and that front artwork looks stunning:-

Thanks to Passion Steelbook for the information and image.

Interesting vertical title treatment on the spine not seen in the U.K. since NIKITA and DEAD MAN.
Compared to the normal left to right/top to bottom spine titles here in the U.K. and the French style 'wrongwayround' titles this is neither flesh nor fowl . . . but I like it no less for that.

Last edited:
Without the light on it and the red arrow (lol) . . . luckily it's in dead space and not in the artwork . . .
Granted it looks slightly easier to spot than the faint red line down the front of the JACK REACHER steelbook, for example, (print run for which was virtually doubled to cater for replacement copies) so wondering if a replacement programme will be put in place for LIFE if this is seen/known to be a widespread issue/manufacturing fault ?
upload_2017-8-29_13-2-52.png
upload_2017-8-29_13-5-35.png

I just checked my Ghost in the Shell, Power Rangers, and Lego Batman steels and they all have the same "dent" in the same spot. I think it's a manufacturing crease from how it bends the metal