Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Life (2017)

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Daniel Espinosa

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds, Hiroyuki Sanada, Ariyon Bakare, Olga Dihovichnaya, Alexandre Nguyen, Hiu Woong-Sin, Camiel Warren-Taylor, Naoko Mori, Elizabeth Vargas, David Muir, Allen McLean, Jesus Del Orden, Haruka Kuroda

Release: 2017-05-26

Plot: The six-member crew of the International Space Station is tasked with studying a sample from Mars that may be the first proof of extra-terrestrial life, which proves more intelligent than ever expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Poster :photo:

new life poster.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Wow... Crazy fan theory I just read... Probably not true... but it makes perfect sense and I'm ALL IN if it is.

LIFE is actually a prequel film to VENOM.

A recent fan theory has been floating around the internet suggesting that Sony’s upcoming sci-fi film Life could be a backdoor Venom prequel. Daniel Espinosa’s film follows astronauts aboard the International Space Station who retrieve the first Martian lifeform. The tiny sentient organism grows powerful and begins to kill off the crew members.

The speculation began on Reddit when a user pointed out a recycled shot from Spider-Man 3 appears in the trailer for Life. This is a common practice that happens more often than you would think. Someone in the thread began to theorizes: “What if Life is actually a symbiote/Venom origin story?” Of course, this is just how we think in this post-Split world, and the chances of this are very very VERY unlikely.

It is worth noting that Deadpool screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick previously worked on a Venom script for Sony before the Spider-man cinematic universe was seemingly abandoned with the MCU Spider-Man deal.

Reasons why it probably isn't true:
A) Reynolds is in the film, and is already Deadpool. Casting him in another secret Marvel movie wouldn't sit well.
B) This is rated R. MCU films have yet to do a R rated movie.
C) Sony isn't smart enough to pull this off. lol
Reasons why it could be true:
A) Life and Spider-Man both by Sony
B) Sony just announced a VENOM film to be released NEXT YEAR. This would be a great way to kickstart it.
C) Gyllenhaal was once almost Peter Parker back in the day. Kind of a fun nod.
D) Plot of the movie is very similar to the origin story of the symbiote.​

Thoughts?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007

Unreal interview

Couldn't stop laughing

Sounds weird but I had a feeling they wouldn't bounce of each other (in general) so I'm glad to see that

The little nightcrawler and deadpool digs and the name badges :LOL:

Seriously can't wait for this. Need a good sci fi (horror) after the dissapointing passengers and I'm hoping this and alien C deliver

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Unreal interview

Couldn't stop laughing

Sounds weird but I had a feeling they wouldn't bounce of each other (in general) so I'm glad to see that

The little nightcrawler and deadpool digs and the name badges :LOL:

Seriously can't wait for this. Need a good sci fi (horror) after the dissapointing passengers and I'm hoping this and alien C deliver
I can only imagine how many laughs they had on set together. Hopefully the Blu-ray will have a bloopers reel!

I just got back from seeing this and it's an excellent film! It's unfortunate that it not only has such a generic title, but that it's also releasing in the same year as Alien: Covenant. It's been a long time since I saw a horror/sci-fi/creature feature and enjoyed it as much as this one. :thumbs: