Lightyear (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 29, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 26, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99

Lightyear front.jpg

Lightyear back.jpg Lightyear inside.jpg

Last edited:
That’s bollocks! Hopefully the US gets a nicer finish. :p

At least it‘s dropping both places on August 3 at Disney+.

Still no word on the finish of the US "Multiverse of Madness" steelbook. That was released a week later than the UK as well.
People in the US should start receiving their copies on Monday.

Still no word on the finish of the US "Multiverse of Madness" steelbook. That was released a week later than the UK as well.
I just realized it spells MoM. It takes on a whole new meaning when it’s Doctor Strange in the MoM! :rofl:
dr strange marvel GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
See USA thread for Finish in regards to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
I just posted an Unboxing Video of the Best Buy steelbook release

The steelbook market is probably stronger now than it ever has been imo.
In terms of people buying steelbooks then yes.
But there is also so many more releases that people have steelbook fatigue and are more likely to pass on releases. I used to buy every disney steelbook and most other releases but now I just buy the odd one as can't justify the spend on so many releases.

That’s bollocks! Hopefully the US gets a nicer finish. :p

At least it‘s dropping both places on August 3 at Disney+.
It 'dropped' somewhere a while ago, have a 2160p HDR file with it for more than a week, just didn't watch it yet.

Not a single post in here since it went live lol.

I'm starting to wonder if this is still being released on Monday. I haven't been charged for it yet.

Usually Zavvi would charge on the previous Monday before the release date and would be shipping it out today.

Not a single post in here since it went live lol.

I'm starting to wonder if this is still being released on Monday. I haven't been charged for it yet.

Usually Zavvi would charge on the previous Monday before the release date and would be shipping it out today.
Well, it won't actually be released on monday now, no. It's still the official release date, but you won't get it then. There's a RM strike tomorrow and the 31st, plus is BH on the 29th. You'll be lucky if it's shipped out before the 30th.

• Thanks
Well, it won't actually be released on monday now, no. It's still the official release date, but you won't get it then. There's a RM strike tomorrow and the 31st, plus is BH on the 29th. You'll be lucky if it's shipped out before the 30th.

Thank you for that wonderful news. :LOL:

I'm in Canada so I usually don't get it until about 2 weeks after it ships. So it's nice when it ships on a Thursday a few days before the release date. Best Buy Canada no longer gets Disney/Marvel steelbooks so this is the next cheapest direct-from-a-retailer option for me.

I guess this one will take a little longer now.

Reactions: samdavies
Thank you for that wonderful news. :LOL:

I'm in Canada so I usually don't get it until about 2 weeks after it ships. So it's nice when it ships on a Thursday a few days before the release date. Best Buy Canada no longer gets Disney/Marvel steelbooks so this is the next cheapest direct-from-a-retailer option for me.

I guess this one will take a little longer now.
Ahh, right. God that sucks. But yes, I'd probably expect this one to take about a week longer than usual to get to you sadly!

i agree it’s not their usual standard but as I like collecting the Disney steels it would be nice to add to the collection, but the price was way to high for what it was.