Lilo & Stitch (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase link: Lilo & Stitch (Pre-order on March 12 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidentally- I was under the false assumption that the back artwork was a lazy photoshop specially commissioned for this steelbook.

Transpires that the same artwork was used over a decade ago for the 2 disc DVD edition.

Attachments

• IMG_8980.jpg
    IMG_8980.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 143
Received mine also and I really like it overall... an embossed title would've been nice though. Good job I open my steels too, because the lenti was wonky as hell! Very happy to finally have this in the collection anyway. :)

Just received mine as well, good value at £17.99 (plus discount code). Just wish the other Lenti's were priced similar.

Opened copy...

Overall, I dig this- the finish is what it is, but the colours are vibrant enough for it to work irrespective of it not being a gloss finish.

The back artwork hasn't irked me as much in person as it did when the steelbook was first unveiled (naturally, would of preferred an alternate image, but I can live with it)

Does look ok but it pains me when I see that title and know it would of been perfect as embossed, that red raised would look excellent

Hopefully can add it to my collection in a month or 2 - price drop or not

• Thanks
Reactions: Andycadle84
Does look ok but it pains me when I see that title and know it would of been perfect as embossed, that red raised would look excellent

Hopefully can add it to my collection in a month or 2 - price drop or not
I hear you- I would of preferred embossed treatment over a lenti magnet (I can't be alone when I say I couldn't care less for these magnets..)

Would give it a 7.5/8 out of 10 overall, im pretty satisfied with it all in all.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles and Flloydo
I hear you- I would of preferred embossed treatment over a lenti magnet (I can't be alone when I say I couldn't care less for these magnets..)

Would give it a 7.5/8 out of 10 overall, im pretty satisfied with it all in all.

I like a good lenticular, but just slapping it on anything and everything without a good choice of art cheapens it. Can't go wrong with some good glossing and 'bossing.

would of preferred an alternate image

would of been perfect as embossed

I would of preferred embossed treatment over a lenti magnet

Would HAVE everybody - the correct English is "would have", NOT would of"! :LOL:

Would have vs Would of

The conditional perfect, would have, refers to a missed opportunity in the past. In informal speech, it contracts to would’ve, not "would of."

I would have (would’ve) liked to see that movie.
I would of liked to see that movie.

She would have (would’ve) told me if that happened.
She would of told me if that happened.

If you had asked me, I would have (would’ve) tried to help.
If you had asked me, I would of tried to help.

Would have can never be written "would of." However, the latter does exist: when the present conditional would is followed by an expression that begins with of.

She would, of course, live with me.
Past: She would, of course, have lived with me.

I ask no more of you than I would of myself.
Past: I asked no more of you than I would’ve of myself.

The Bottom Line
The erroneous phrase "would of" is probably due to the very similar pronunciation of would’ve. I would’ve told you this sooner, but I needed to save something for the bottom line.

So well done Noodles!
an embossed title would've been nice though

End of today's English lesson! Tomorrow, we shall cover the differences between "there", "their" and "they're"! :rofl:

Oh, and by the way, I received my copy today! :D

Would HAVE everybody - the correct English is "would have", NOT would of"! :LOL:

Would have vs Would of

The conditional perfect, would have, refers to a missed opportunity in the past. In informal speech, it contracts to would’ve, not "would of."

Would have can never be written "would of." However, the latter does exist: when the present conditional would is followed by an expression that begins with of.

The Bottom Line
The erroneous phrase "would of" is probably due to the very similar pronunciation of would’ve. I would’ve told you this sooner, but I needed to save something for the bottom line.

So well done Noodles!

End of today's English lesson! Tomorrow, we shall cover the differences between "there", "their" and "they're"! :rofl:

Woteva

Would have vs Would of

The Bottom Line

So well done Noodles!

Haha you little grammar Nazi you! Although, you have no idea how many times I've held back from correcting people on that myself. :p

By the way, what does everyone think to the lenti on this? Must admit that it's better than I expected... has some nice depth to it IMO.

Reactions: Flloydo

Would have vs Would of

The Bottom Line

So well done Noodles!

I would have preferred not to have read that. ;)

Reactions: Flloydo
Haha you little grammar Nazi you! Although, you have no idea how many times I've held back from correcting people on that myself. :p

By the way, what does everyone think to the lenti on this? Must admit that it's better than I expected... has some nice depth to it IMO.
It's alright, but it's now consigned to a drawer in my kitchen- Lentis do nothing for me whatsoever 9 times out of 10. My fave ever lenti's are on my Thundercat DVD box sets, where the entire images change (so for instance, the image would change from the Thundercats logo to Lion-O when tilted)

Now THAT was how you do a lenti.

Dude, this is 2017... it's spelt "whatevs". :rolleyes: :p
It's alright, but it's now consigned to a drawer in my kitchen- Lentis do nothing for me whatsoever 9 times out of 10. My fave ever lenti's are on my Thundercat DVD box sets, where the entire images change (so for instance, the image would change from the Thundercats logo to Lion-O when tilted)

Now THAT was how you do a lenti.
I'm usually the same when it comes to lentis, but I'll happy take them as a "free" bonus item. That Thundercat set definitely sounds pretty special! Funnily enough, lentis always remind me of old DVD editions too.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Dude, this is 2017... it's spelt "whatevs". :rolleyes: :p

I'm usually the same when it comes to lentis, but I'll happy take them as a "free" bonus item. That Thundercat set definitely sounds pretty special! Funnily enough, lentis always remind me of old DVD editions too.
This is about the only place I could find the lenti Thundercat editions- Skip to 12.45 in, 17 mins and (for the best example) 22.35 in.

Best use of lenticular images I've seen yet and well worth a watch..

Last edited: