Release date: August 27, 2019
Purchase link: FYE
Price: $17.99
SKU: 883929679577
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1569006174025.png

1569005954886.png

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I reached back out to FYE support, as these are still unavailable to be ordered via the site. My plan is still to fulfill the GB copies but it will be a bit of a wait longer.

Hello apsmith21,
I unfortunately do not have an update. I will reach back out to our web team and let them know that we have people looking to order this item online, and see if we can get the item listed.
FYE Customer Support

Thanks

Found this posted on the other site. Somebody there says they ordered this from Best Buy's US site. He claims he received the steelbook and it has the FYE sticker on it. The listing on Best Buy's site indicates that it was released on Aug. 27th. Price is $14.99.

SKU:34661338
Release Date:08/27/2019

Price Match Guarantee
$14.99Your price for this item is $14.99

@apsmith21

FYI, I reached back out to FYE support, as these are still unavailable to be ordered via the site. My plan is still to fulfill the GB copies but it will be a bit of a wait longer.

Thanks
Do you think there's a chance you'll be able to add more to the GB at some point Andy?

For some reason I thought I'd already joined (I even "liked" your previous post for the GB lol) along with Sleepy Hollow, but I must've got distracted and then forgot. :facepalm:

Do you think there's a chance you'll be able to add more to the GB at some point Andy?

For some reason I thought I'd already joined (I even "liked" your previous post for the GB lol) along with Sleepy Hollow, but I must've got distracted and then forgot. :facepalm:

It’s very possible.

Working on sourcing some now.

• Friendly
Reactions: Noodles
@apsmith21

Further confirmation that you can indeed order this (and some other FYE titles apparently) from BestBuy.com.

Posted by a second person elsewhere:

Thanks for posting this. I immediately ordered the above link u posted and today I just got the Little Shop of Horrors Steelbook thru the Mail from Best Buy. Also, it had the FYE Exclusive sticker on it too.

Posted by a third person:

Yes , Best Buy has most fye Steelbooks for online only, this, Annabelle, corpse bride and nightmare on elm street are available on BBY. Com . But don’t tell anyone I told you about this.

EDIT: I just checked Best Buy's site and it's now showing sold out. Looks like the word is out lol.

@apsmith21

Further confirmation that you can indeed order this (and some other FYE titles apparently) from BestBuy.com.

Posted by a second person elsewhere:

Thanks for posting this. I immediately ordered the above link u posted and today I just got the Little Shop of Horrors Steelbook thru the Mail from Best Buy. Also, it had the FYE Exclusive sticker on it too.

Posted by a third person:

Yes , Best Buy has most fye Steelbooks for online only, this, Annabelle, corpse bride and nightmare on elm street are available on BBY. Com . But don’t tell anyone I told you about this.

EDIT: I just checked Best Buy's site and it's now showing sold out. Looks like the word is out lol.

I got a couple ordered but not all of them for the GB before they changed it to sold out.

I'm working on a plan B for additional copies

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
Do Best Buy and FYE have some sort of connection? Other than FYE reselling the old Best Buy stock.

Do Best Buy and FYE have some sort of connection? Other than FYE reselling the old Best Buy stock.

Best Buy will let resellers of certain products post on Best Buy.com to sell. I bet that's what happened here, and FYE figured it out and pulled the listing for some reason.

• Haha
Reactions: dfoles
Best Buy will let resellers of certain products post on Best Buy.com to sell. I bet that's what happened here, and FYE figured it out and pulled the listing for some reason.
That’s actually really funny to me

Someone's convinced FYE that all the cool kids collect steelbooks, so we're seeing quite the push right now, IMO
They’re not wrong, all the cool kids DO collect SteelBooks. I actually kind of feel for FYE in this sense though. They were on the SteelBook game back in the day, DVDs and then some of the earlier blu-rays like HP7.1 and Inception. But they were too early to the party. Now they’re coming back with a vengeance. But I love where (most) of their releases are priced. Best Buy is definitely the US Home of SteelBooks, but nearly everything they release is $30+. FYE is filling out the lower price points. But then they go thinking people will pay $50 for importing the Zavvi Mondo Aladdin. So they’re still not quite on top of things, but getting there.

But then they go thinking people will pay $50 for importing the Zavvi Mondo Aladdin. So they’re still not quite on top of things, but getting there.

Yeah, that decision has baffled me.

If they treat it as an import, it's OK to resell in the USA, but then again, I'm not sure I would want to be a reseller of Zavvi's leftovers

Yeah, that decision has baffled me.

If they treat it as an import, it's OK to resell in the USA, but then again, I'm not sure I would want to be a reseller of Zavvi's leftovers
Right? “I know this didn’t sell out at one of the largest SteelBook retailers in the world, but I think we can make these babies move if we jack the price up”

Just to confirm what everyone else said, the couple of ones I sourced from Best Buy.com did actually show up and they do have the FYE sticker.

The Best Buy packing slip is a standard one I get when things ship from a warehouse via a third party seller :thanks:

Just to confirm what everyone else said, the couple of ones I sourced from Best Buy.com did actually show up and they do have the FYE sticker.

The Best Buy packing slip is a standard one I get when things ship from a warehouse via a third party seller :thanks:

It's funny to me that Best Buy has a few other FYE titles available to order from their website for less than what FYE is charging.

It's funny to me that Best Buy has a few other FYE titles available to order from their website for less than what FYE is charging.

Very plausible that the exclusivity of those titles is only a short amount of time and then other retailers get them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian