IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 12, 2021
Purchase links: Slip + SteelBook - SteelBook only
Price: £28.99 (Slip + SteelBook) - £25.99 (SteelBook only)
Note: Slip exclusive to Red Carpet subscribers. Matte SteelBook with gloss slip.

13120832-1134863741211515.jpg

13120832-1364863741435723.jpg
13120832-1274863741154761.jpg
13120832-1214863778994313.jpg
13120832-1554863741313938.jpg
13120832-1334863753083562.jpg

Last edited:
Interested to see how this turns out.
hopefully someone can take some decent pics out of the cellphone and not with a potato

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
Received mine after forgetting to cancel it. :facepalm:

Slip is the usual flimsy (but glossy) rubbish, and the steel is flat matte. (n)

Received mine after forgetting to cancel it. :facepalm:

Slip is the usual flimsy (but glossy) rubbish, and the steel is flat matte. (n)

ah man really? (With the flat matte)

money saved then. Hopefully we see a nice premium of this one day. Maybe a Korean edition (the on etc)

Reactions: Noodles
ah man really? (With the flat matte)

money saved then. Hopefully we see a nice premium of this one day
Nah, I was joking... lol yes, really! Was hoping they'd at least spot-gloss the characters. The white is actually white though, as opposed to bare metal, which is one positive I suppose. Second being the artwork itself, which is great, but kinda means nothing if they mess up the finish IMO.

Reactions: Flloydo
What’s wrong with the FAC edition, the steel is awesome.
Agreed, the FAC release is great. I don't love the excessive use of overexposure on the slip, but it's good quality none the less. The steel is a beauty and all the extras finish it off nicely.

Reactions: Punker76
What’s wrong with the FAC edition, the steel is awesome.

Not really a fan mate. It’s okayish. But I’d prefer something better

saying that, I’m happy with the HMV, mondo and french lenti editions lol. So maybe i just need to invest in a 4K disc

Received today and must say it is a little underwhelming, which is a shame because I love this film. The slip is whatever for a £3 addon, but the steel itself has really been let down on the finish imo.

I think this steel might actually have a zero finish, since there is a metallic sheen that catches light at a certain angle and a few silvery spots, but unfortunately there's a combo of issues that add up to it not quite working for me. The characters don't really pop from the background as their colours aren't particularly strong, but also because the background has come out more grey than the white seen in the product images. This might be a result of the finish, but it does mean when looking straight on it appears more like a rather dull matte steel. On the back side some of the dust coming off the characters has a different silver finish to catch the light which is nice, but this hasn't been used on the front for some reason and there isn't really anywhere else this can be used on the design. While I do like it, I don't think the simple design helps the finish, and vice versa.

I can try get some non-potato photos today but will have to see, otherwise if none appear will try at the weekend.

Sorry for **** pics. The camera on my note 20 ultra is absolute trash.

It don’t look too bad. But imagine how that would of looked in gloss. Honestly these decisions are really starting to bug me now. Puts me off collecting

Reactions: djjez83
It don’t look too bad. But imagine how that would of looked in gloss. Honestly these decisions are really starting to bug me now. Puts me off collecting
The slip is paper thin and steel is just eh. I agree it's doing my head in as well but I truly love premium steels like mantas which make it all worth it