Looper - In theaters September 28, 2012

cyberef

Time Travel Ninja
Premium Supporter
Oct 11, 2011
Sweden
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Looper (2012)

Tagline: Hunted By Your Future, Haunted By Your Past

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Rian Johnson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Joseph Gordon-Levitt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bruce Willis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Dano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Segan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Piper Perabo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pierce Gagnon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Xu Qing[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tracie Thoms[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frank Brennan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Garret Dillahunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Gomez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marcus Hester[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jon Eyez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Stillwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Thirl Haston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Landry Hébert[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenneth Brown Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cody Wood[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Boyer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kamden Beauchamp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sylvia Jefferies[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ian Patrick[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2012-09-28[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]118[/RUNTIME]

Plot: In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past where a looper, a hired gun, like Joe is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good until the day the mob decides to close the loop, sending back Joe's future self for assassination.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
o4qXZMrZlfuTfwwNGMyTcx6p2uO.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1276104/
This seems like an interesting movie! :)

Looper (2012) HDRip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Murdock
I've hardly looked into this at all, so I have no expectations. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Well saw this in a preview screening yesterday....

Loved it!! Thought it was a very clever movie with a good take on the whole time travel thing, but at the same time it was something a little different.

I thought the make-up/prosthetics/CGI used on Lovett to make him look like a 30 year younger Bruce Willis were very realistic and quite scary really.... he really looked like him!

Is it me, or does Bruce never actually age (apart from just loosing hair)? He looked kick ass in this!

Definatly one for Blu-Ray! :D

Reactions: Gaveecho
Must... not .. Read.. Spoiler... Cannot wait! Annoyingly though there are still no show times at my local cinema! Will report back when I've seen it

The reviews for this film have been blowing my mind away! If the positivity keeps up, we may have another cult classic on our hands. All I keep reading is "the best and smartest sci-fi film in the last decade". That's quite the sentiment.

The reviews for this film have been blowing my mind away! If the positivity keeps up, we may have another cult classic on our hands. All I keep reading is "the best and smartest sci-fi film in the last decade". That's quite the sentiment.

Yeah been nothing but positive reviews I've been reading, really getting excited about this. Can't wait to see it next week hopefully.

It's a great film - 4 out of 5 for me. This is definitely the "Drive" of 2012, only that Looper has not only style but also an unpredictable and original story.

Love the nod to Boys from Brazil in this flick!

I loved Looper for the most part. My few complaints are
that it seemed like every character had a tragic backstory. Young Joe is an orphan & drug addict. Old Joe is a recovering drug addict who had his wife murdered. Emily Blunt gave her kid away to party. Cid killed his "mom".

Also, if they couldn't just kill Seth because of implications on the future, how is it ok to slice & dice him when that will also most definitely change the future?

And how did they get messages back from the future?

Last edited:
Loved it, big thing for me was that the studio allowed something that never ever happens in a hollywood film.

Totally taboo, but bravo to them for doing it.