Lucy - In theaters July 25, 2014

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Lucy (2014)

Tagline: The average person uses 10% of their brain capacity. Imagine what she could do with 100%.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Luc Besson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Scarlett Johansson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morgan Freeman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Choi Min-sik[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amr Waked[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julian Rhind-Tutt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pilou Asbæk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Analeigh Tipton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nicolas Phongpheth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jan Oliver Schroeder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luca Angeletti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Loïc Brabant[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pierre Grammont[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pierre Poirot[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bertrand Quoniam[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pascal Loison[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Isabelle Cagnat[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pierre Gérard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frédéric Chau[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Claire Tran[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]François Legrand[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bob Martet[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cédric Chevalme[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexis Rangheard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tonio Descanvelle[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christophe Lavalle[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julien Personnaz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew Bravais[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Renaud Cestre[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Thibault Segouin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Claire Zaniolo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alessandro Giallocosta[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wolfgang Pissors[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sifan Shao[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Chan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]I. Cheng-Sheng[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chou Chung-Wei[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Huan Jhih-Cyuan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frank Ma[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tseng Sheng-En[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Liu Hsieh-Min[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sandra Abouav[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Abel Aboualiten[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Lin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Feng Hsing[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hao-Hsiang Hsu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura D'Arista[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eunyul Hong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Samuel Churin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mason Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mohammad Aslam Ansari[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Dust[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diego Llano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Timothy Reevis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]German Tintaya Mamani[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kanneti Sawe Han[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-07-25[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]89[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
rwn876MeqienhOVSSjtUPnwxn0Z.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Set in a world that is run by the mob, street gangs, drug addicts and corrupted cops, Lucy (Scarlett Johansson), a woman living in Taipei, Taiwan, works as a drug mule for the mob. The drug she inadvertently takes goes into her system, changing her into a metahuman.[5] She can absorb knowledge instantaneously, is able to move objects with her mind and can't feel pain and other discomforts.

Trailer!

Attachments

• lucy.jpg
    lucy.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a trailer for this in front of Transformers at the weekend, looks great IMO! Looking forward to it

Saw this last Thursday night...really disappointing. The marketing is very misleading, in my opinion. It has a very deep, existential and philosophical core message to it that I was not expecting. Scarlett Johansson is basically reduced to acting like a robot, taking away her skills that allow her to truly shine. Visually, it's gorgeous, but other than that, it laid an egg for me.

• Informative
Reactions: cooey and Drum18
This looks amazing. Also just the film to get the lovely steelbook treatment with a really cool picture of Scarlett ok the front :)

Transcendence?? It looks like a rip off of LIMITLESS to me.

Same basic concept really. Person reluctantly ingests drug that enhances their brain capabilities and makes them 'superhuman'.

Yeah it sounds like a more messed up Limitless. Bradley Cooper's character went from using 10% of his brain capacity to 12%. In Lucy, she goes from 10% to 100%.

Saw this last Thursday night...really disappointing. The marketing is very misleading, in my opinion. It has a very deep, existential and philosophical core message to it that I was not expecting. Scarlett Johansson is basically reduced to acting like a robot, taking away her skills that allow her to truly shine. Visually, it's gorgeous, but other than that, it laid an egg for me.
You just described under the skin lol

Yeah it sounds like a more messed up Limitless. Bradley Cooper's character went from using 10% of his brain capacity to 12%. In Lucy, she goes from 10% to 100%.
You sure it's 12%? Thought it was much more or all

Totally agree. Saw this tonight with high expectations and results in a no sale for me. Beautiful visuals but definitely a one time watch and have advised a couple of friends to give it a miss!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
LOVED it! Bessons best since Fifth Element. Reminded me of Leon a lot in overall style.

Now for a badass WHITE gloss steelbook with poster art :cool:

Reactions: vurt
Just seen at imax, not what expected. was expecting a more action packed Besson film (maybe its just the ones he writes though a la kiss of the dragon, taxi, taken, etc). Enjoyed it though

I caught this last night and was also disappointed with it.
The first half was good with the set up and the wildlife imagery.
The 2nd half I found dull as there was no real threat (and little motivation for the character) and the scientific babble was very stupid.
At least it wasn't too long a running time.

Limitless, Chronicle & Akira did more interesting things with the same concepts.

This having to blind buy exclusive steelbooks before having seen the movies, finally had its first
casualty. I blind bought a couple of exclusive versions of LUCY. I finally watched it, and thought it was AWFUL. I thought it was a safe bet because of Luc Besson... When he first retired, I thought he was just slumming it, writing B movies for other directors. Turns out he has totally lost it. He wasn't slumming- he writes like 13 year old now. LUCY was unintentionally funny. Really BAD.
So I'm gonna be real careful about blind buying films I haven't seen from now on. (Even though, with the exclusives- it is almost impossible to not do it that way:angry:).

Reactions: dboy99
This having to blind buy exclusive steelbooks before having seen the movies, finally had its first
casualty. I blind bought a couple of exclusive versions of LUCY. I finally watched it, and thought it was AWFUL. I thought it was a safe bet because of Luc Besson... When he first retired, I thought he was just slumming it, writing B movies for other directors. Turns out he has totally lost it. He wasn't slumming- he writes like 13 year old now. LUCY was unintentionally funny. Really BAD.
So I'm gonna be real careful about blind buying films I haven't seen from now on. (Even though, with the exclusives- it is almost impossible to not do it that way:angry:).
Lol its "officially" the most successful film of his career. It was far from lazy writing to those that truly understood the deeply Occult themes he was conveying. [emoji4]

Reactions: C.C. 95
Lol its "officially" the most successful film of his career. It was far from lazy writing to those that truly understood the deeply Occult themes he was conveying. [emoji4]
I guess it is successful. But so is Transformers 4, so...
Really, the writing cannot stand up to scrutiny.
Once she is 'super' , all the tension in the movie is gone. (The SUPERMAN problem). She can do anything. And frequently does NOT.
She makes all the people fall asleep in one scene, and then in an identical scene 10 mins. later she decides to fight everyone. Why? (She does not have to). She can literally do almost ANYTHING- but always chooses the route that would give us a scene that is cinematic rather than logical.
(Why would she be shooting people with a gun?!!)
Makes zero sense.
Successful or not- it is not in the same company as Leon or Nikita. Not even close.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbr1656
I personnally hated the movie. It was a blind buy, bought the steel and will sell it for sure...
I even got multiple editions! Well... I still think it was a decent gamble- but Besson let me down.
On the plus side, I'm sure I'll have no trouble selling/trading my editions.
Blind buyers beware! Caveat Emptor, indeed...;)

Overrated movie in my opinion, but it does have a great first 30 to 45 minutes or so. The inter cut with the wild animals was very creative and clever.

But like most said, once she becomes super, the movie gets less interesting and has some huge plots holes. I think most audience members wanted to see this movie to see Scarlett kick ass, but honestly, she only had one real action scene and it was brief at best. To me, it's similar to the Matrix and Neo. It's cool to see Neo fight while still being vulnerable and relatively realistic. Super crazy "the One" Neo is way less interesting.

But hey, like the poster said, this was very financially successful, so lots of people enjoyed this more than me. I'm still hoping for a future solo Scarlett Johansson action movie that does action justice.

Overrated movie in my opinion, but it does have a great first 30 to 45 minutes or so. The inter cut with the wild animals was very creative and clever.

But like most said, once she becomes super, the movie gets less interesting and has some huge plots holes. I think most audience members wanted to see this movie to see Scarlett kick ass, but honestly, she only had one real action scene and it was brief at best. To me, it's similar to the Matrix and Neo. It's cool to see Neo fight while still being vulnerable and relatively realistic. Super crazy "the One" Neo is way less interesting.

But hey, like the poster said, this was very financially successful, so lots of people enjoyed this more than me. I'm still hoping for a future solo Scarlett Johansson action movie that does action justice.

Good summing up,kind of loses its way in the third act similar to Prometheus,till then it's quite an engrossing thought provoking movie with some great editing touches