May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Black Widow

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Cate Shortland

Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Rachel Weisz

Release: 2020-05-01

Plot: At birth the Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanova) is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the U.S.S.R. breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action moves to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative.

Ray winstone is pretty much awful in anything he does. Only a few classic British gangster films he was ok in (love honour and obey, sexy beast etc) and his accents are always terrible - Indy 4, departed. I was actually quite surprised marvel went for him as the character

my point about not knowing he was in this was a more a shock because he was in no trailers and I never see his name pop up on castings. They kept him secret for some reason. He was the worst thing about this film. But other than that I enjoyed it. Glad she finally got her solo film even if the timings was bad. It should of come out before infinity war but it’s too late for that now and I’ll take what I can

I'll be honest I forgot he was in the film because while it was known he was the film (because it's hard to keep something like that secret) they did do a good job of hiding him from any of the marketing material though he can be seen in this trailer

Super average film that should've come out at least 5 years ago. I thought most of the fight sequences were really well done. For some reason I thought the story was going to make more about Taskmasters identity and have the character be more of a mystery. That was really disappointing.

Reactions: Noodles
I liked the film alot. The first half was way better then the second for me (the unique and serious but still fun tone seem to fizzle) so I was a bit let down but overall it was enjoyable. I cringed at the typical Disney MCU corny humour and clearly so much of it is just setup for sequels so sometimes it feels like Natasha is a guest star in her solo film but when its good its really good. The 3D version is pretty decent. Looking forward to seeing it again in IMAX.

I actually didnt mind Ray! He was giving me very Harvey Weinstein vibes which was perfect for the character.

Last edited:
I liked the film alot. The first half was way better then the second for me (the unique and serious but still fun tone seem to fizzle) so I was a bit let down but overall it was enjoyable. I cringed at the typical Disney MCU corny humour and clearly so much of it is just setup for sequels so sometimes it feels like Natasha is a guest star in her solo film but when its good its really good. The 3D version is pretty decent. Looking forward to seeing it again in IMAX.

I actually didnt mind Ray! He was giving me very Harvey Weinstein vibes which was perfect for the character.

Word for word is how I felt about the film when I saw it for the first time, I've since seen it a 2nd time and enjoyed it in its entirety even more. I enjoyed it that much I'm thinking about either seeing it a 3rd time in cinema's (I can get another free ticket on Monday) or just paying the premium fee to have it on demand on D+

Reactions: 3Maters
Found it to be enjoyable enough, but pretty average/middle of the road as far as Marvel flicks go. A Black Widow film should've happened looooong ago as a way to better introduce her character to the MCU, so this was too little too late for me personally. Thought the main cast (the "family") were all great in their roles though, especially Pugh and Harbour, who I'd love to see more of!

Reactions: Steely-Booked

Scarlett Johansson's 'Black Widow' paycheck is tied to box-office performance. She's suing Disney for releasing it simultaneously on streaming.​

Reactions: 3Maters
Good on her! About time an A-lister finally stood up to them.

If her pay really is tied to box office performance then I would hope that includes the profits from sales of purchasers on Disney+ as well but I suspect that it doesn't and maybe that's something they need to work out for this release and further releases when other actors' contracts are the same.

Reactions: Noodles
If her pay really is tied to box office performance then I would hope that includes the profits from sales of purchasers on Disney+ as well but I suspect that it doesn't and maybe that's something they need to work out for this release and further releases when other actors' contracts are the same.
Wouldn't surprised me if they knew all this but hoped they'd get away with it... typical Di$ney.

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian

Scarlett Johansson's 'Black Widow' paycheck is tied to box-office performance. She's suing Disney for releasing it simultaneously on streaming.​

I don't see why, I wound up paying $30 to see it on Disney+ Premium Access. That's more than you would pay going to the theater. She should be happy that she was actually making double the profit. Oh well, good luck to her for going up against all of Disney's super lawyers,... she's gonna need it. I'm not rooting for Disney in way whatsoever but just saying is all.

Wow I wonder who else has been effected by this? Emma Stone with Cruella? Emily Blunt with Jungle Cruise (out on D+ tomorrow). They wouldn't dare **** with The Rock with the same film :LOL::rofl:

I don't see why, I wound up paying $30 to see it on Disney+ Premium Access. That's more than you would pay going to the theater. She should be happy that she was actually making double the profit. Oh well, good luck to her for going up against all of Disney's super lawyers,... she's gonna need it. I'm not rooting for Disney in way whatsoever but just saying is all.

But we don't know that she is receiving any money from the Disney+ purchases. She probably isn't which is why she's suing them. The contract probably states "box office", ticket sales at theaters. So if people are ordering from Disney+ instead of going to the theater then this would mean less box office sales.

"Black Widow raked in $158 million in its global box-office opening, while Disney saw $60 million in sales from at-home viewing purchases."

So Disney thanks you but Scarlett...maybe not so much. :LOL:

Reactions: Lone Crusader

Disney Responds After Scarlett Johansson Files Lawsuit Over ‘Black Widow’ Release​

Jungle Cruise 2 is releasing in theatres only as are the rest of Disney's movies for 2021.

But we don't know that she is receiving any money from the Disney+ purchases. She probably isn't which is why she's suing them. The contract probably states "box office", ticket sales at theaters. So if people are ordering from Disney+ instead of going to the theater then this would mean less box office sales.

"Black Widow raked in $158 million in its global box-office opening, while Disney saw $60 million in sales from at-home viewing purchases."

So Disney thanks you but Scarlett...maybe not so much. :LOL:
via Disney... as I said.
Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract and furthermore, the release of Black Widow on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20 million she has received to date.”

Disney Responds After Scarlett Johansson Files Lawsuit Over ‘Black Widow’ Release​

Jungle Cruise 2 is releasing in theatres only as are the rest of Disney's movies for 2021.

Disney lie, I can stream Jungle Cruise on D+ right now if I wanted to

Good on her. Sad thing is she probably gets paid a fraction of what the other guys get paid. Even as the main in her own film