Machete Kills (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: February 17, 2014
Purchase link: Buy Machete Kills here - live for order on Saturday, 11/2 at 5:30PM BST
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 4000 units

10868769-1385054163-67772.jpg

Inner artwork:
machete1.jpg

View attachment 59710

Last edited:
Guys

Lets put this into perspective. Lionsgate UK have given fans a second opportunity to actually an ENTIRE steelbook. Do you know any other studio that does? The final artwork was chosen by the star himself as well.

Now we not all agree with the artwork but it's a FANTASTIC opportunity to have and to take part in. Let's show the studios that maybe watching (because you never know who is) the community spirit so hopefully they come knocking at our door.

Reactions: kron and SaberTooth
It was a great idea by Lionsgate and I'm sure we all really appreciate them listening to our original complaints and giving us a second opportunity, as Rob said. It's just a shame it didn't quite work out how we'd all hoped. Maybe next time they should let the public/collectors vote and then the star of the film can pick their favourite design from the top 3 or something...?

Reactions: dfoles
If it was Empire holding it i agree. But if it was HDN I'd say the design from scratch because we do have some talented members in our community

I kind of like that the star has a part in this process, it's cool. Maybe they should let us narrow it down to a few of the best ones, then let the star choose from them. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: dfoles
So the lesson learned from Only God Forgives and Machete Kills is let the FANS choose, not the director or star.

Absolutely right. So if "someone" is watching we should make it crystal clear that a half arsed competition like this is worse than giving us no choice whatsoever! :naughty:

Reactions: lgans316
I see a lot of hate for Trejo's choice. While not entirely amazing, I for one think it's one of the better ones from a bad bunch and I sure as hell won't be cancelling so it can sit alongside my HMV copy of the original. There's something nice about the entire cast listing on the rear too.

Reactions: Seus
I for one think it's one of the better ones from a bad bunch

Are you shittin me brother? Best of a bad bunch??EEK! There were some frickin awesome designs and all we get stuck with is a mediocre one at best. This is never going to be considered a great movie but it could have been legend as a steelbook.:angry:

I might catch some flack for this, but...

I think even my design was better than the winning design

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
Personally I think it's great. My favourite steelbooks are the ones that execute a decent idea in a way that's not simply copy and pasting existing imagery. A steelbook is a collectors item, and I expect something a little more special than the norm. Recent case in point, Wreck It Ralph. Simple idea, executed simply and brilliantly, keeping in tone with the film. All in all, loads of good entries for the Machete comp. Everyone should be pretty proud of their creativity and look forward to the next one. :scat:

I wish they would have more competitions where the fans decide. It would stop disappointments like this and only God Forgives from happening.