911oMTnxXaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
91M+ZA-1PdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
91eOxx-0rmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
911W4X4De3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Coffret-Mad-Max-Anthologie-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg
91RcDcX+m9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
91J6fHb7fAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: goufcustom
Yeah, came across it few days ago, saw the localized titles on 2 and 3, now thinking German box might be too, so will have to keep that Zavvi order.

Would be nice to see individual steels released. Like Spain is doing that and i'm buying just FR. Not interested in original trilogy.

Would be nice to see individual steels released. Like Spain is doing that and i'm buying just FR. Not interested in original trilogy.
face-palm-panda.gif

Yeah, came across it few days ago, saw the localized titles on 2 and 3, now thinking German box might be too, so will have to keep that Zavvi order.
With LotR the Italian ones had original titles, the German ones as well I believe.

• Haha
Reactions: StifflersDad
Tried to watch first part, i couldn't bring myself past first 10 minutes...
First one was like a low budget grindhouse film even back then, it doesn't even feel apocalyptic, at least to me. But the sequels are better. The didn't even name the second one as a sequel, so it could stand on its own, like Evil Dead 2.
Don't remember much about the third one, just that it looked better, had the biggest budget, like triple the second and 10x of the first, better sets, better looking Max, and that Tina Turner song, plus later 2Pac 'inpsired by' song... I need to rewatch it, I don't think I've even watched it since DVD, so never on Blu-ray, realizing now... oh, man.

Tried to watch first part, i couldn't bring myself past first 10 minutes...
I can kinda get that, I also think the first one stands somewhat apart from the rest even though Part 2 is a direct sequel. But, man, The Road Warrior... You gotta watch at least that one, it's freakin' insane in the best possible way, and it is really the one that set that post-apocalyptic Mad Max tone. All those practical stunts and effects, unthinkable in today's cinema - even though Miller came pretty close with Fury Road. Come to think of it, Fury Road kinda feels like an extension of the climactic chase sequence in Road Warrior and owes so much to it.

giphy.gif

Also, here's hoping that the restoration of TRW and Thunderdome will look great in 4k. FR is, tbh, a sh!t UHD. It's a lackluster upscale, and the poor HDR grading doesn't do the CG effects any favors. Granted, it was part of that first early wave of UHD titles, but still a shame for such a great film.