Mad Max: Fury Road (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #3) [UK]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: June 29, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - eBay (Pre-order on April 13)
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes Limited Edition collectible SteelBook and Mini SteelBook cases, and an Exclusive Enamel Pin

C6C08193-7263-4C6D-9814-7B5F2AE25E55.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They do actually. I just wonder the real reason why they HARDLY do. As Three Amigos UK zavvi steel has it. ( i own it) Gang Related zavvi steel has it. (i own it) and I saw the DE johnny depp film think it was called transcendence or something had it too.
yeah it does, i have all three

They do actually. I just wonder the real reason why they HARDLY do. As Three Amigos UK zavvi steel has it. ( i own it) Gang Related zavvi steel has it. (i own it) and I saw the DE johnny depp film think it was called transcendence or something had it too.
Also Ghoulies I & II steelbook embossed front and back no border

The Three Amigos/Ghoulies/Gang Related steelbooks are from UK distributors 101 films

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k
Also Ghoulies I & II steelbook embossed front and back no border

The Three Amigos/Ghoulies/Gang Related steelbooks are from UK distributors 101 films
...well that means Uk distributors 101 films has the cojones to do with steelbooks that the ToC backed out of :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
What a POS!

Can't believe people are actually spending money on this. It's not like it's the first release, there are already far superior steelbooks of this film.

Only 3 releases in and already these guys are getting lazy. Minimum effort for premium prices!!!

Reactions: Flloydo
What a POS!

Can't believe people are actually spending money on this. It's not like it's the first release, there are already far superior steelbooks of this film.

Only 3 releases in and already these guys are getting lazy. Minimum effort for premium prices!!

Don´t agree on this one. I picked it up for 30 euro, which is cheaper than most of new 4K single steels on amz or Zavvi. And here you get MUCH MORE effort than single steels. I think this is perfect in regard what you pay and what you get...

Premium prices are much much more these days mate...

There are what, 3 other designs for Fury Road? Not a lot of options. It isn’t perfect but I think it’s less a bland photoshop and more in line with the tone of the movie.

The glossy Metalpak is even way better than this.

For €30 I'd be expecting full artwork.

Just look at the recent full gloss 'budget' releases in the U.S.

Friday The 13th, Mandy, Tigers Are Not Afraid etc.. All of them under $20, all of them much better than this garbage.

Your pictures took so long to load I thought you just spammed the thread with random pictures of mugs. Literally about 2 minutes to seen them all. You need to put them in a spoiler man.

so is the spot gloss really that minimal on the front? I thought it was the whole circle. You can see the streaky matte in the black part. That’s a shame. I do like the mini steel though. Is that full gloss? I can see reflection on the back so it made me think it’s gloss.

the actual steel colour should of been the same orange as the PET/ plastic slip.

What a POS!

Only 3 releases in and already these guys are getting lazy. Minimum effort for premium prices!!!

The Hdzeta release is far superior, but also a lot more expensive. For 30 euros this release really isn't all that bad IMO judging from the pics. Not brilliant but it looks better than the other TOC releases so far.

I think this is one of the the issues with this release, because they’ve spent £30 on a film they make themselves think it’s nice.

Because that steel is actually dreadful in finish, lack of art and use of space that they convince themselves they like it because of the cost. Especially when some won’t even have a dispatch yet Or it’s on the way and the photos are already out. We’ve all been there, said somthing is nice because we paid a lot for it but really it’s terrible and we lie to ourselves. It’s either that or some people have really sh!t taste when it comes to art and finishes LOL

I do agree that these packages are good for money in a sense. Especially when new steels with dire art are £30 and with these you get some extra bits. In this case Compared to the other ToC releases it’s better to get a extra mini steel than a crappy poster like with WW But £30 is still a lot of money. I’m convinced when some people like a bad steel it’s because they paid a lot for it. I’ve thought that for a while. They lie to themselves

Exactly what I have said and think too. 30 quid cost just almost every new 4k steel and 90% is a crap. Here you get something extra at least.

This one really had disappoint with lack of back art and almost full matte finish, but as I said before the mini steel is nice cool bonus and I like the package as a whole.

Plus I love the movie so it´s nice to add this to collection.

What a POS!

£30 for a 4k SteelBook isn't bad, especially with the extras. This is far nicer than the Black & Chrome release and has both versions of the film - no brainer upgrade for me.

I think this is one of the the issues with this release, because they’ve spent £30 on a film they make themselves think it’s nice.

Because that steel is actually dreadful in finish, lack of art and use of space that they convince themselves they like it because of the cost. Especially when some won’t even have a dispatch yet Or it’s on the way and the photos are already out. We’ve all been there, said somthing is nice because we paid a lot for it but really it’s terrible and we lie to ourselves. It’s either that or some people have really sh!t taste when it comes to art and finishes LOL

I do agree that these packages are good for money in a sense. Especially when new steels with dire art are £30 and with these you get some extra bits. In this case Compared to the other ToC releases, it’s better to get a extra mini steel than a crappy poster like with WW But £30 is still a lot of money. I’m convinced when some people like a bad steel it’s because they paid a lot for it. I’ve thought that for a while. They lie to themselves

Blade Runner is a nice first effort with the enamel pin quality, the coasters throw-away junk, and the SteelBook front has very effective embossing. It sits next to my DVD metal tin which I could never bear to part with.
Wonder Woman also goes with a thematic design concept, with an even better pin - Diana's sheild centre boss is very detailed and has a nice heft to it. The steel could do with deeper embossing imo and the poster is just an extra (would prefer art cards). I also like the clear PET slips - which give a nice glimpse into the contents and SteelBook and ties the entire design together whilst protecting the SteelBooks- and that thematic design throughout is what ToC are clearly doing.
Fury Road uses a very stylized design effectively which reflects the film theme and using iconography that resonates in the vehicles from the movie. I'll judge the finish once it's in-hand.

Your post just reeks of FOMO and projection. Taste is subjective and it's pretty poor form to suggest people are fooling themselves with some sort of inverse buyers remorse over a thirty-quid SteelBook.

Reactions: dLux
The point of these releases is to try something new or experiment by utilising multiple finish styles like spot gloss and embossing. And that they deliver with each release. And the price is fair considering people spending more money on a flatte Warner WWA.
So far, I'm really liking this line of releases and can't wait for this beauty to arrive. :drool:

Reactions: moonbucket