Mad Max: Fury Road (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #3) [UK]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: June 29, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - eBay (Pre-order on April 13)
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes Limited Edition collectible SteelBook and Mini SteelBook cases, and an Exclusive Enamel Pin

C6C08193-7263-4C6D-9814-7B5F2AE25E55.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Barely, but I'd go with Zavvi first between those 2. Amazon is normally fine too but their packaging is more varied and inconsistent, at least for me. Sometimes they arrive in similar packaging to Zavvi's, other times in enormous boxes where they have plenty of room to damage themselves if they're mishandled.

Reactions: Loony_Tic
Matte is only ugly when streaky and as everyone knows matte steelbooks are not always streaky.

In addition, there are loads of great looking matte steelbooks out there and this is sure to be one of them coming from the company that makes them and in the case of this collection decides on the design and finish.

The debossing on this one should be stunning right up there with some of the best examples ever released.

Matte is only ugly when streaky and as everyone knows matte steelbooks are not always streaky.

In addition, there are loads of great looking matte steelbooks out there and this is sure to be one of them coming from the company that makes them and in the case of this collection decides on the design and finish.

The debossing on this one should be stunning right up there with some of the best examples ever released.
I read this one was spot gloss.

But you and I seem to be the only ones here who like matte. I bought the Grindhouse steelbook a few days ago and it definitely would have been better suited to matte instead fo gloss.

Reactions: virkia
I really like a gloss finish, but only if its done properly. Most of the time with gloss, depending on back ground colour, it scratches so easily and you see every mark. Even taking it in and out of a protective case it will usually scratch. This steel would look good with a bit of both!

Reactions: MrSquifler
I read this one was spot gloss.

But you and I seem to be the only ones here who like matte. I bought the Grindhouse steelbook a few days ago and it definitely would have been better suited to matte instead fo gloss.

Well done matte is often my favourite. My problem with glossy is that they then usually don't feel like they are made from steel, and the metallic feel is one of the things I like most about steelbooks. My biggest bug-bears are streaky steelbook, popping steelbooks (where the front or back cover can be pushed down and up isn't quite rigid) and the ones that feel really pastic-y because of how they have been treated.

Reactions: MrSquifler
I really like a gloss finish, but only if its done properly. Most of the time with gloss, depending on back ground colour, it scratches so easily and you see every mark. Even taking it in and out of a protective case it will usually scratch. This steel would look good with a bit of both!
And the fingerprints!

Well done matte is often my favourite. My problem with glossy is that they then usually don't feel like they are made from steel, and the metallic feel is one of the things I like most about steelbooks. My biggest bug-bears are streaky steelbook, popping steelbooks (where the front or back cover can be pushed down and up isn't quite rigid) and the ones that feel really pastic-y because of how they have been treated.
The more I see of gloss steelbooks the more I dislike them.

For me, matte just almost always looks better.

Reactions: spookz
Thanks to the WONDER WOMAN release my question has finally been answered as to how the mini steelbook will be inserted in the FURY ROAD release :thumbs:
1591349483797.png

Iron Man reported it took an SCF11 to protect these. It's the protector intended for FAC XL editions.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: gAnX
i dont want to see your collection, lol
because you would see all the grails like blade runner and inception hdzeta which are so far out of your reach, that you would fall into a deep depression?

or because i pushed them all into scf1 protectors as per @DMD4k, therefore rendering them all totally worthless?