Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, interesting cover - not really accustomed to these "split" covers on steelbooks more often seen on U.S / Continental steelbooks - and an image that has inspired some great comic book art.

Price also not bad for in effect two movies . . . OK, "One movie, Two Cuts" . . .

Presumably the same Extras as on the upcoming U.S. "High Octane" edition (?) :-
"HIGH OCTANE COLLECTION SPECIAL FEATURES AND ADDITIONS:
NEW! *Fury Road "Black & Chrome" Edition – Witness the surreal black and white version of mastermind George Miller's Fury Road.
NEW! *George Miller Introduction to the Mad Max Fury Road: Black and Chrome Edition – Special introductory piece by George Miller describing his vision.
NEW! Road War – In 1982, the world was blindsided by George Miller's masterpiece of apocalyptic destruction: The Road Warrior. For the first time ever George Miller, Terry Hayes and star Mel Gibson tell the story of the car-crushing production that redefined action cinema forever.
Madness of Max – The previously released Mad Max (1979) documentary is a feature-length documentary on the making of arguably the most influential movie of the past thirty years. With over forty cast-and-crew interviews, hundreds of behind-the-scenes photographs and never-before-seen film footage of the shoot, this is, without a doubt, the last word on Mad Max (1979). Interviews include: George Miller, Byron Kennedy, Mel Gibson, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Steve Bisley, Roger Ward, Joanne Samuel, David Eggby, Jon Dowding and many more. From the Producers to the Bike Designers to the Traffic Stoppers, this is the story of how Mad Max was made.
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD TWO FILM COLLECTION SPECIAL FEATURES:
NEW! George Miller Introduction to the Mad Max Fury Road: Black and Chrome Edition – Special introductory piece by George Miller describing his vision."
upload_2016-11-23_13-27-26.png

No fuss with this Director'Cut / preferred B/C version or "The best version" as there is with another upcoming release ("The Warriors") . . . LOL .

According to the director in an interview with the LA Times :-
"Will we ever see the buzzed-about silent-film version — black and white, no dialogue, just music — of "Fury Road"?
Not in cinemas. The best version of "Road Warrior" was what we called a "slash dupe," a cheap, black-and-white version of the movie for the composer. Something about it seemed more authentic and elemental. So I asked Eric Whipp, the ["Fury Road"] colorist, "Can I see some scenes in black and white with quite a bit of contrast?" They looked great. So I said to the guys at Warners, "Can we put a black-and-white version on the DVD?" There wasn't enough room. [It'll end up] on *another version with commentary and other features."

*see upcoming (December) U.S and European releases.

. . . and again from the director in an interview with "Slashfilm":-
"One thing I’ve noticed is that the default position for everyone is to de-saturate post-apocalyptic movies. There’s only two ways to go, make them black and white — the best version of this movie is black and white, but people reserve that for art movies now. The other version is to really go all-out on the color. The usual teal and orange thing? That’s all the colors we had to work with. The desert’s orange and the sky is teal, and we either could de-saturate it, or crank it up, to differentiate the movie."

. . . and from another interview:-
"A while after this talk, during a post-film reception, I spoke with Miller about his affinity for that black and white version of Fury Road. He said that he has demanded a black and white version of Fury Road for the blu-ray, and that version of the film will feature an option to hear just the isolated score as the only soundtrack — the purest and most stripped-down version of Fury Road you can imagine."

To end - a bit more on the B/W (or rather Black/Chrome) version http://www.slashfilm.com/fury-road-trivia/3/ including a B/W mock-up of the trailer.

I managed to sit through this film to the end but it really tested my patience. Tom Hardy is no substitute for Mel and unlike the raw b-movie feel of the previous films, Fury Road felt like Avatar on meth. I bought the French steel a while back and sold it on, bring out the first three...or two classics as separate releases and I'll consider it. ;)

I'm perfectly happy the very nice RESERVOIR DOGS style petrol can metal packaging for the first 3 films and this will make a very nice metal package for #4 :thumbs:
Of course, if they release the first three films in steelbooks I'll be joining the queue to pick those up too . . .

I'm perfectly happy the very nice RESERVOIR DOGS style petrol can metal packaging for the first 3 films and this will make a very nice metal package for #4 :thumbs:
Of course, if they release the first three films in steelbooks I'll be joining the queue to pick those up too . . .

Same here
I have not got the latest Mad Max film on disc...... was it a mad max film?
Destroying the interceptor early days was as a mad max fan annoying.
The first film was the first one I saw underage

Will get this I think though

So with this release, the HDZeta is still not the Ultimate version because of the discs. I am sure Warner will re-release this to death.
The HDzeta may not be the ultimate version- but it is still the coolest version.
It will not be hard to plop the Black and Chrome disc inside.

Last edited:
The first three films are available in individual steelbooks and for real cheap.

I managed to sit through this film to the end but it really tested my patience. Tom Hardy is no substitute for Mel and unlike the raw b-movie feel of the previous films, Fury Road felt like Avatar on meth. I bought the French steel a while back and sold it on, bring out the first three...or two classics as separate releases and I'll consider it. ;)

Couldn't agree more @UpsetSmiley , as much as it pains me to admit it.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley