Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@C.C. 95 :thumbs:
LOL! :p I did complain to the local Post Office for several damaged packages that I would receive (other than from Zavvi) by this particular d**khead postman :mad:. However, my issues were towards Zavvi. The last steelbook I purchased from them was 'The Princess and the Frog', that sh*t arrived dented as all hell! :banghead: I sent them pics and preferred a full refund to get something else. Not only did I sent it back, I was not reimbursed for the shipping nor my refund. They claimed the item in question was not sent back to them! o_O Why the f**k would I want to keep it! And before you ask, yes, I provided them with the customs declaration tag number the post office provided me with and I sent them a pic of the receipt. So after that, as my last option, I demanded another copy! NOPE, guess what?! They were already "sold out" :squint: :meh: (which I know damn well they're still in stock). So to this day... middle finger to Zavvi! But that's just my personal opinion and feelings from my ****** experience with them ;)

Although I do enjoy their exclusives! I just wont purchase from them directly :stop:
@bloodsnake007
Sorry to hear that tale! Yikes!
I have never used it, but Zavvi now has a U.S. Site. Now, I don't know if that means that the stuff comes from a separate warehouse, and is handled completely in the states? I don't know. (I do know that they don't carry the UK Region B stuff though. (Obviously)).
But, local postman need to be watched. I was very happy with mine...then apparently he must have quit. My new postman leave my BOXES out at the mail box instead of at my door:angry:!!!
Imagine last week, when I found a giant box (Harry Potter Wizards box) at the communal post boxes sitting there. And OPENED!:mad: Or when they don't leave packages under the eve, but in fromt of the garage door in the rain!:ohno::angry:
My UPS guy is awesome, but USPS guys need a dose of some freakin common sense...upside the head.o_O

Lol Black and White looks awful. Better off desaturating the color version and watching it. So much detail is lost in the black & chrome version.

Lol Black and White looks awful. Better off desaturating the color version and watching it. So much detail is lost in the black & chrome version.
Turning off color is not the same thing. And it won't lose clarity at all. It will be completely mastered and calibrated for black and white. It will not look remotely the same as watching the color version and turning down the color.

Got my preorder in. Yes, it has alot of text on the front, but heck it's a UK release of Fury Road which I've been wanting anyway and the text doesn't bother me that much.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
Also pre-ordered without the code. At this point it seems retarded that zavvi disables 10% off code after a while.
They would most likely sell much more stock faster if the 10% off code would be active all the time. Greed is a sunovabitch :D

Check this out, dude, and see if you still think that "detail is lost" in the B&C version:-

good vid.

the difference between turning the colour down, and the black and chrome version is minimal. the only difference is the blacks are darker and the whites are brighter. ie, the contrast is higher. big deal. its actually a bit insulting to market a version of a film as an alternate version when all you really need to do is turn the color down to get exactly the same effect.

also the double title on the front is moronic. nice art, stupid text. if there is one time a title-less steel would be acceptable, it would be for this title.

^ Yes, I take your point about the untidy look of the front but I don't see how they could have designed it differently unless they did it with the black & chrome pic on the front and the colour pic on the back as on the "Batman v. Superman" HMV steelbook:-

or . . . they could have put two separate images - as on one of the "Batman v. Superman" original poster designs - one in colour and the other . . . but that may have looked a bit strange in the case of the Mad Max steelbook with the same face (lol) on the front twice:-

As the selling point of this steelbook is the black & chrome version and it's even listed as "Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook / Fury Road / Black & Chrome Edition or elsewhere "Mad Max: Fury Road Black & Chrome Edition - Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook (Includes Colour Theatrical Cut) Blu-ray" so it's king of different to "The Mist", for example, which has a permanent "sticker" on the j-card/slipcover thingy advertising the two versions then I guess the front art has to reflect that:-

Artwork for this steelbook also just happens to be the same as on the other Black & Chrome edition/s:-

164484_large.jpg

AS for this steelbook being any better or worse than other editions from other territories missing the Black & Chrome version - well, that's just a matter of opinion:-
upload_2016-11-28_23-11-42.png
upload_2016-11-28_23-32-9.png

[SPOILER}

Last edited: