Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget 12 Angry Men. A true masterpiece.
Absolutely, and one of my all time favourites :thumbs:
I wouldn't dream of setting out a list of my all time favourite B&W films (not modern B&W - shall we call them pre PSYCHO in 1960) but that would take ages as maybe 75% of my favourite films are pre 1960 resulting in the longest off-topic post in HDN's history (LOL).

Anyway, gonna watch the B&C version of FURY ROAD first.

Absolutely, and one of my all time favourites :thumbs:
I wouldn't dream of setting out a list of my all time favourite B&W films (not modern B&W - shall we call them pre PSYCHO in 1960) but that would take ages as maybe 75% of my favourite films are pre 1960 resulting in the longest off-topic post in HDN's history (LOL).

Anyway, gonna watch the B&C version of FURY ROAD first.

One of my favorites, too. Pre-1960 B&W films are truly magnificent. Not all of them, but a significant majority.

Law, isn't that a bit expensive? 25 bucks for amaray is a bit much unless you're planning on waiting for a substantial price drop. Might as well order this one when it's available again.

I'm only interested in the disc, both are out of the question at the current price. It'll be more of a whim buy than anything else really :)

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
Yes, there's more than a few brilliant modern foreign language B&W films out there but "Arthouse foreign language films" were deliberately not mentioned.

If I had mentioned foreign language B&W films I certainly would have included ANGEL-A (which I particularly like for its nod to the evergreen Jimmy Stewart classic IT'S A WONDEFUL LIFE) and others such as LA HAINE (steelbook available) and A GIRL WALKS HOME ALONE AT NIGHT as just a few examples.

I don't look at it as a art house film at all but fair dos

If it is classed as that then it's the least art house film I've ever seen

Great film though

This two-movie edition is treated with a spot gloss leaving the Black & Chrome side in matte with a glossy title treatment and the opposite on the colourful side-Steelbook.com

http://steelbook.com/releases/mad-max-fury-road-steelbook-edition-black-chrome/

Based on Steelbook.com's reliability and sterling track record on pre-release descriptions (The Conjuring 2!) I'm more inclined to believe this will now be a dull matte finish with no spot gloss or bossing whatsoever.

Reactions: lgans316
Just watched this Black & Chrome Edition in a theater:thumbs:
What's better than the original color edition is the rating. It's rated PG12 in Japan so now I can watch it with my kids without my wife complaining:whistle::cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker and luke98