Malignant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

redlemon

Premium Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Leeds, UK
Release date: December 27, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 18, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £21.99

ezgif-7-1cbb3ac2d9.jpg
ezgif-7-2566f1b879.jpg ezgif-7-cb79be5a12.jpg ezgif-7-e3f7312682.jpg
13325307-1864895414026056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went into this not knowing it was supposed to be whacky and crazy. I think it helps to know this before hand. Because i
Thought it was going to be a serious horror. And it’s not the whacky and crazy that’s put me off. You know what I’m like with horror. I kinda wish I watched this one with a couple of mates so we could of witnessed and laughed together instead of watching it on my own and literally questioning myself every 2 minutes if I’m watching the right film to what the trailer suggests. It’s certainly left it’s impact on me and that can’t be a bad thing. But those 2 guys in that video above are on my wave length with it. I still
Highly recommend the film for so many different reasons
I've not watched the trailer or any other videos involving this, and don't intend to... heard it's better that way. Doubt I would've watched it had it not been for all the attention (good and bad) it's currently getting though, as horror isn't usually my cup of tea. The fact it's "whacky" is actually another selling point for me anyway, because I tend to find serious horrors more or less the same in most cases... full of unnecessary jump scares in an attempt to build tension. But anyhoo, will hopefully check it out this weekend!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I f**cking loved this!
James Wan made a billion dollars for WB with Aquaman & then went off to make whatever the hell he wanted!
It’s insane to me that this is a major studio production with a 40 million dollar budget & its this bonkers!

Waiting to see if there’s a 4K coming (it’s looking unlikely). If not, I might grab a US release.

M
I've not watched the trailer or any other videos involving this, and don't intend to... heard it's better that way. Doubt I would've watched it had it not been for all the attention (good and bad) it's currently getting though, as horror isn't usually my cup of tea. The fact it's "whacky" is actually another selling point for me anyway, because I tend to find serious horrors more or less the same in most cases... full of unnecessary jump scares in an attempt to build tension. But anyhoo, will hopefully check it out this weekend!

I’m not on about serious horrors with jump scares tho mate. That sounds like commercial horror to me. Which is what wan usually does. Although I commend him for the first saw and first conjuring

General sale live on Zavvi UK and Zavvi Germany/Italy/Australia/France

Not live yet for some reason on Zavvi Ireland

Zavvi USA not listed

Managed to see it earlier tonight and, up until those last 20mins or so (which made the film for me), I was kinda middle of the road with it... didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. Loved their "rendition" of Where is My Mind though... never get tired of that song!

The twist was both hilarious and genius IMO, and I'm slightly disappointed in myself for not piecing it together sooner, since all the clues were there. Although, I guess I only would've ruined it for myself if I had.

I've gone ahead and placed an order for now anyway... the artwork reveal will be the decision maker on whether I actually keep it or not.

Reactions: MajimaGoro
Ordered - and I have to say I really enjoyed the film. Didn't see that end coming, but then I don't sit there through a film trying to guess what's going to happen, I just watch

It's now live on Zavvi Ireland Website for those that want to use Zavvi Ireland to place an order

It took a few twitter messages to get this sorted
They sent me link to amaray at one stage as a reply :rofl:

Watched this again Saturday night. Enjoyed it a bit more. Still overhyped but it was better (and still as funny) the second time

Reactions: goufcustom
Saw the film last night. Reminded me of
Stephen King's The Dark Half storywise
flavoured with some Giallo. Enjoyed it but will pass on the steel. No 4K and, as has been mentioned already, this will no doubt have a p*ss poor dull matte finish like the recent Conjuring steel