WEA (World Exclusive Art)
Live Saturday afternoon, 7/19/2014

CT8pCv1405614811.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Well im following everyone elses advice on this one. STILL havent seen Manhunter but will be proudly blind buying this one. Ordered. :D

I think it was 'Moon' that was 14.99 GBP, not this one....?

Ordered my copy, woohoo!

Nah,, the 'Moon' pricing is at 12.99 (and still is at this moment in time) for some bizarre reason.

Have Zavvi run out of fingers and toes to count with this weekend, due to the heat maybe??? :wow:

I love this film so much but just can't bring myself to buy this edition at this price.. :(

Sorry but that is way too much for a catalog film. We don't even know the finish yet. If it's matte, this is highway robbery. Zavvi have gone the way of limiting everything to 2,000 and charging a premium, regardless of quality.

Reactions: hayemaker
Nah,, the 'Moon' pricing is at 12.99 (and still is at this moment in time) for some bizarre reason.

Have Zavvi run out of fingers and toes to count with this weekend, due to the heat maybe??? :wow:

I love this film so much but just can't bring myself to buy this edition at this price.. :(

Ah, yes you are correct, thanks!

I don't have a problem with the artwork for this release. It's original and was used on the US SE DVD which I purchased some 13 years ago, and still retain because of the extras and the inclusion of both Theatrical and Director's Cuts. Given some of the appalling artwork selected by Studio Canal recently, I'm quite glad that for this release and "The English Patient", they're actually returning to tried and trusted artwork from earlier incarnations of these titles.

As regards the film itself, I wouldn't want to be without "Manhunter" or "Red Dragon" in my collection and would hesitate to say one is better than the other. They are both valid, albeit different interpretations, of Thomas Harris' novel and each has a very good cast of actors. That said, however, "Manhunter" is very much a product of its time and hasn't aged well in certain aspects. It comes from the mid 80's when Michael Mann was making a name for himself through the TV series of "Miami Vice", and it shows! In any event, whatever my reservations about this film, I had no hesitation in ordering it when it went live yesterday.

As others have already said here, hopefully, we will now also get Steelbook releases of "Hannibal" and "Red Dragon" in the not too distant future. Both are Universal titles (in Europe) and that company is part of the group that includes Studio Canal, so obtaining the rights shouldn't be a problem. We already have "The Silence of the Lambs" from Fox/MGM. As for, "Hannibal Rising", it's one that I can live without in any format!

Reactions: SeeWizZ
The film wouldn't be as good without the excellent soundtrack, which works perfectly with the visuals to create the whole atmosphere of the film. No other film or tv show that has Hannibal Lecktor/Lecter as a character, is as good as Manhunter!

manhunter.jpg

Wish Zavvi were like the Asian retailers and give us some details! I'm not going to order unless I at least know the finish. If it's a cheap dull matte one I'll wait for a price drop.

I'm really stoked for this one, but does anyone know what VERSION of the film this Steel will be?

I think it is the theatrical version, but I believe the director's cut is also on the disc as an extra.

from the zavvi page.

Special Features:
  • Director’s Cut
  • Director’s Cut Commentary
  • Inside Manhunter
  • The Manhunter Look
  • Theatrical Trailer

arrow-manhunter.jpg

Reactions: HalloweenNightJW
Hate Zavvis revamped site. They no longer state the Studio putting the film out. Where they always state every steel is Region B, without Studios it's hard to know region free or not. Not all pics show the spine

Last edited:
I think it is the theatrical version, but I believe the director's cut is also on the disc as an extra.

from the zavvi page.

Special Features:
  • Director’s Cut
  • Director’s Cut Commentary
  • Inside Manhunter
  • The Manhunter Look
  • Theatrical Trailer

Assuming this is the same disc as released in the UK by Optimum in 2009, I can confirm that it is the Theatrical Cut, with the Director's Cut as an extra.

It should be noted that only the Theatrical Cut is in HD. The extras, including the Director's Cut, are in SD.

It's also locked to Region B.

Great film with nice looking artwork hope this is final it looks excellent with the colours adding well to the quality of the steelbook a must have for the collectors...