Manta Lab - Retailer Thread (now sales website operated by Collectong)

New sales website: Collectors from Kwun Tong. HK SAR

best-retailer-png.411629

ME#1 - Man of Steel
ME#2 - The Revenant
ME#3 - Constantine
ME#4 - Kingsman
ME#5 - Walter Mitty
ME#6 - Fight Club
ME#7 - La La Land
ME#8 - Logan
ME#9 - Fantasic Beasts
ME#10 - Alien Covenant
ME#11 - Wonder Woman
ME#12 - Ex Machina
ME#13 - Planet of the Apes
ME#14 - Se7en
ME#15 - Justice League
ME#16 - ?
ME#17 - Ready Player One
ME#18 - Shape of Water
ME#19 - Greatest Showman
ME#20 - Deadpool 2
ME#21 - First Man
ME#22 - ?
ME#23 - Inglorious Basterds
ME#24 - Aquaman
ME#25 - A Star is Born
ME#26 -
ME#27 -

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Manta Ship to the US? if so is shipping expensive?

I also noticed that Man of Steel Lenti is still available on there site, why hasn't this sold out yet? Is the Lenti Loose or attached? is the Lenti Quality good? Compared to Blufans?

Yes, they ship internationally.
Intl. shipping's always fairly expensive; it cost about $13 when I ordered MoS (HK to Germany; just to give you an idea).
The MoS Lenti was/is not as sought after as the Full Slip, obviously.
It's a Lenticular Slip, so the Lenti's attached to the cardboard slip.
Quite a few people in the MoS thread stated the Lenti was rather so-so.
I don't own the Lenti, so I can't compare it to a Blufans copy. Given the fact that Blufans lentis are usually very highly regarded, I'd believe Manta's is not quite as good (yet).

Hope this helps.

I guess this is how we have become now....:) I ask some questions since i have never ordered or ever owned a Manta release and this is how i get treated:sorry:. :)

They do ship overseas and the postage price is okay but don't expect 99p shipping like Zavvi or cheap shipping like Amazon :)

The Lenticular probably didn't sell out because of less demand, doesn't look that great and high cost price for a catalog title which doesn't contain Bonus disc that was exclusive to North America and Canada. The final price including shipping for one copy is around $61-$62 and $6 more via HDN GB.

Reactions: RzSamurai
So really marking any value doesnt really guarantee it will be free of customs :( sucks.
There is never any guarantee any parcels avoiding customs even if a low value or even if the real value is on the cn 22 label
The correct way is real value on CN Label and Invoice inside with full details but that means you will get hit for Vat on full value
It's luck most of the time if your parcel gets through without been questioned and bad luck if it is caught

It depends on the day and how busy customs are and how strict each countries customs are some are more strict than others
If a parcel has a retailers name on the parcel that will be more likely to be picked if a few parcels all arrive same time into postal service center
Parcels that have same value marked but have different weights that will be more likely be flagged to be sent to customs to be questioned
They will either open the parcel and look for invoice or not open and request customer provide copy of the purchase invoice or PayPal invoice

You can go months without been hit by customs or only get hit the odd time but if you notice 3-4 parcels from same retailer in a row get sent to customs that can mean that retailers parcels has been flagged to be sent to customs automatically

I have noticed Kimchi the last 3 of my orders have been sent to customs one was opened but was released without been questioned but the following 2 parcels after this I got hit for VAT

I have 2 Manta Labs parcels on their way I hope they pass through without been questioned if they questioned both they might flag all later ones to be also questioned

• Thanks
Reactions: Aniv
There is never any guarantee any parcels avoiding customs even if a low value or even if the real value is on the cn 22 label
The correct way is real value on CN Label and Invoice inside with full details but that means you will get hit for Vat on full value
It's luck most of the time if your parcel gets through without been questioned and bad luck if it is caught

It depends on the day and how busy customs are and how strict each countries customs are some are more strict than others
If a parcel has a retailers name on the parcel that will be more likely to be picked if a few parcels all arrive same time into postal service center
Parcels that have same value marked but have different weights that will be more likely be flagged to be sent to customs to be questioned
They will either open the parcel and look for invoice or not open and request customer provide copy of the purchase invoice or PayPal invoice

You can go months without been hit by customs or only get hit the odd time but if you notice 3-4 parcels from same retailer in a row get sent to customs that can mean that retailers parcels has been flagged to be sent to customs automatically

I have noticed Kimchi the last 3 of my orders have been sent to customs one was opened but was released without been questioned but the following 2 parcels after this I got hit for VAT

I have 2 Manta Labs parcels on their way I hope they pass through without been questioned if they questioned both they might flag all later ones to be also questioned

What was declared value from Mantalab on your declaration and what is your threshold for custom free in Ireland?

What was declared value from Mantalab on your declaration and what is your threshold for custom free in Ireland?
Value marked was $17.00 = €15

The threshold is €22.00

If marked under $20.00 its more likely to be questioned but it does involve luck on the day as well and what day it arrives it's a lottery
If a number of parcels all arrive same day from same retailer all marked same value under $20.00 it can happen all of them get sent to customs

Best value to be marked is around $20.00 to $23.00 but it's still down to luck or bad luck on the day

Value marked was $17.00 = €15

The threshold is €22.00

If marked under $20.00 its more likely to be questioned but it does involve luck on the day as well and what day it arrives it's a lottery
If a number of parcels all arrive same day from same retailer all marked same value under $20.00 it can happen all of them get sent to customs

Best value to be marked is around $20.00 to $23.00 but it's still down to luck or bad luck on the day

It goes that I have been saying before. Customs officials cannot just charge you for a bill because they 'think' there is something worth more than $17. They have to open the parcel, do all the relevant paperwork, etc. But that takes time and effort. So the easiest way to do it is just stick a custom bill to you knowing that you will not contest it. I assume your box was NOT opened?

It goes that I have been saying before. Customs officials cannot just charge you for a bill because they 'think' there is something worth more than $17. They have to open the parcel, do all the relevant paperwork, etc. But that takes time and effort. So the easiest way to do it is just stick a custom bill to you knowing that you will not contest it. I assume your box was NOT opened?
Customs can at anytime request you provide a PayPal invoice even if there is a invoice inside or not
They don't have to open it before they request you provide details they ask you to provide details at any stage
Any parcel they can request no matter what the value has been marked even if marked actual real value
They have the right to suspect wrong price marked it's down to the customer to provide the details of amount paid if requested

You do though will have more chance of your parcel price been questioned if marked low and from a retailer that is not reliable for showing real value they know which ones are reliable and can be trusted in marking correct details
Parcels arriving are scanned contents can be seen inside without opening it.

If the value marked is correct then you wont have to pay if it's under the threshold
If it's marked wrong value you have to pay on the real value its the law if you have your value marked questioned
If you contested a fake marked value you be mad to attempt it

If you provided wrong payment details as in a fake details when asked to provide proof of cost of goods and payment details you risk been arrested and brought to court

Customs can at anytime request you provide a PayPal invoice even if there is a invoice inside or not
They don't have to open it before they request you provide details they ask you to provide details at any stage
Any parcel they can request no matter what the value has been marked even if marked actual real value
They have the right to suspect wrong price marked it's down to the customer to provide the details of amount paid if requested

You do though will have more chance of your parcel price been questioned if marked low and from a retailer that is not reliable for showing real value they know which ones are reliable and can be trusted in marking correct details
Parcels arriving are scanned contents can be seen inside without opening it.

If the value marked is correct then you wont have to pay if it's under the threshold
If it's marked wrong value you have to pay on the real value its the law if you have your value marked questioned
If you contested a fake marked value you be mad to attempt it

If you provided wrong payment details as in a fake details when asked to provide proof of cost of goods and payment details you risk been arrested and brought to court

This will be more complicated if the sender had sent the goods as a general gift and you are unable to provide an invoice simply because you did not pay for them. This will apply when we do a trade. There will be no invoice, it is a direct trade. So if we cannot provide an invoice to link to that tracking number I assume customs can make an assessment what the value is and bill you from there?

Well if that is the case it's a good thing custom officials don't know much about steelbooks :rofl:. I had 9 steelbooks sent to me recently just under 2kg weight. The parcel was opened and resealed. Value approximately $15. It was sent as a priority shipping. I can imagine the officials opening the parcel and seeing a load of steelbooks, thinking not interested lol. Nothing of value there!