Manta Lab x Disney

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Posting here for visibility. Feel free to discuss.

Hi guys, this is John and I hope everyone is doing well. Today, I am very excited and happy to make an announcement that from July, we have become a Consumer Product Licensee for The Walt Disney Company Hong Kong.

More updates and news related to this news will be posted but the biggest reason why we obtained the license was to create Marvel Steelbooks.

More info and details will be shared soon.

Thank you very much.
John

88A9EAD5-A736-44D8-BE39-8CF486823152.jpeg

robert-downey-jr-dancing.gif

I’d also welcome some Disney animations, Pixar and Disney live actions that have never had premiums and/or proper steel releases. Stuff like return to oz, ratatouille, Robin Hood, Alice in wonderland, flight of the navigator, the muppets Christmas carol, Hercules, All 4 Toy story’s, spirited away etc to name a few. Although some of those zavvi Disney Collection steels would be hard to beat. I doubt those films will get touched though

Such a shame their main objective and motive is Marvel. I have now doubt they’ll do some incredible things with them, but maybe let’s sort out Matrix Trilogy and Kill Bill first, please?

I knew there was a good reason to not be a single edition marvel collector, and this is it.

Can you imagine if they just did phase releases instead of singles?!

So many things they can do! Would love a Avatar or a Pirates of the Caribbean set, if only someone made a Tron Legacy set!
Let's hope Manta is gonna avoid marvel

Attachments

• download (13).jpeg
    download (13).jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 41
  • download (14).jpeg
    download (14).jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 40
  • download (15).jpeg
    download (15).jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 44
  • mHP0104_1024x1024.jpeg
    mHP0104_1024x1024.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 46
  • download (16).jpeg
    download (16).jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 51Y+4BAdzeL.jpg
    51Y+4BAdzeL.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 34
  • download (17).jpeg
    download (17).jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 48
  • download (18).jpeg
    download (18).jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 44
  • images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 41
  • images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 45
Does this mean new Marvel etc steels are/must be premium ? I would be happy just to get lenti steels for TV shows I've mentioned.

This is going to be such a stupid question, but I assumed they weren't doing deals with China anymore which is why I was told a little while ago why Blufans hadn't done an Endgame steelbook. Have I got this wrong? Sorry I'm not up to date on th situation.

I wouldn't mind if they did an actual completed Disney Collection unlike Zavvi would kept chopping and changing styles/designs then world wide releases got the same title-less / spine-less artwork

Star Wars would be great as we had that awful Vader Disco Ball head

I'd prefer if they focused on lesser known titles though, if that's possible.