Marnie - OST (Bernard Herrmann) (2xLP+CD+7) Stylotone (Scarlet-Coloured Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 26, 2019 - May 24th 2019 - July 26, 2019 (May 24th July - 26th July is release date with Corrected Album Sleeve image)
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Amazon USA - Zavvi - Amazon DE
Price: £36.50 (Amazon UK) - $59.98 (Amazon USA) - £44.99 (Zavvi) - €49.99 (Amazon Germany)
Note: Initial stock used image from hitchcock birds film and some retailers shipped orders with this wrong artwork
Stylotone have done new album sleeves for Vinyl and CD sleeve with corrected artwork with release date May 24th

marnie2_red_1024x1024.jpg

12053679-1084652489465334.jpg

Last edited:
The soundtrack (painstakingly restored from the original music masters) has been Assembled, Mastered and Cut at London’s world-famous Abbey Road Studios by Grammy®award-winning engineer Sean Magee.

Over 58 minutes of music – in three formats (Vinyl, CD & Download – including both Hi-Resolution & MP3) – available in a Super-Deluxe package produced to the absolute highest possible standard as if it had been released at the same time as the film, having sourced manufacturers who are able to produce all the parts on exactly the same machines as used in the 1960s.

The ‘Marnie’ Super-Deluxe soundtrack package is released in a translucent scarlet coloured vinyl edition featuring spot varnished 320gsm tip-on gatefold sleeve and contains:

● 2 x 180g ‘Scarlet’ Coloured Heavyweight 12” Vinyl LP’s, cut at 45rpm.

● An Expanded ‘Vinyl’ Replica CD housed in a Scale-Copy of the Gatefold Sleeve – containing the Complete Score plus unused / alternate cues.

● An Exclusive 45rpm 2-Track 7” Black Vinyl Single featuring Nat King Cole’s rendition of the song ‘Marnie’ co-written by Bernard Herrmann c/w The Main Theme.

● A Download Card offering exclusive access to High-Resolution 24-bit WAV and 320kbps CBR MP3 Digital Downloads of the LP, CD and unused / alternate cues.

● A 30” x 40” (762mm x 1016mm) newly commissioned British Quad Film Poster. The poster has been specially printed using original 1960s production processes – matching not only the poster weight of the time but also the correct machine folds (since film posters would be machine folded and inserted into large brown envelopes before arriving in the post at cinemas – this was before digital media, kids!).

● To round off the Super-Deluxe package Bernard Herrmann’s biographer, Steven C. Smith, offers a unique and compelling insight into this soundtrack with his own sleeve notes.

● Assembled, Mastered & Cut by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios, London

Very much like that retro cover Very very accurate to actual musical soundtracks I have on vinyl from the late 50s and 60s Original pressings from the time not modern repressing

Note Stylotone used wrong image for album cover for both Vinyl and CD
The image is from Hitchcock birds film

They have delayed release to May 24th and corrected the image for both vinyl and CD sleeves

Some stock though with wrong image used ended been supplied to various retailers
I ordered from Amazon Germany and they shipped stock that has wrong artwork

The corrected artwork is this
marnie3.jpg

I will try find out if Stylotone will be providing replacement album sleeves for those that received stock with wrong artwork

Reactions: PadreKarras
Ha! I thought that was a Birds image! I actually kind of like it better than the real image, even though it doesn't make sense. :)

@paulboland , can you share any photos of the other materials in the edition? I'm especially interested to see what the quad poster is.

Reactions: paulboland
Ha! I thought that was a Birds image! I actually kind of like it better than the real image, even though it doesn't make sense. :)

@paulboland , can you share any photos of the other materials in the edition? I'm especially interested to see what the quad poster is.
I will do at the weekend on my day off

Amazon have now removed image from website listing

I have contacted Amazon Germany and asked them will they be providing replacement with corrected artwork
This happened just a couple of minute after I posted in a web forum I received mine with birds image from Amazon Germany
Must have been monitoring that web forum lol

Stylotone said both vinyl and CD sleeves needed to be corrected

Reactions: ethnosax
Amazon Germany have contacted me and arranged a replacement and have said it will be the corrected artwork
Expected delivery date next Thursday

I have my doubts though the amazon replacement will be the corrected artwork as Stylotone have release date as May 24th for the corrected release
I asked them did they return all existing stock with wrong artwork to Stylotone and the stock they have now is it the corrected artwork but they could not confirm this

Amazon germany have updated website to corrected artwork but I expect they are using the image I posted in a my amazon review :rofl:
71PHBXsT8sL._SX425_.jpg

Hopefully the replacement will be corrected artwork
Amazon told me to keep my original order and no need to return it after I provided what the postal cost will be to return it

marnie2_red_1024x1024.jpg

On the positive side—now Stylotone is all ready with the cover for their deluxe release of The Birds soundtrack. Probably won't need to be a double disc, though. ;)

Amazon Germany the replacement I received was same as previous :angry::mad:

Amazon Germany does not have stock with the corrected artwork

I told them 3 weeks ago they was to return all existing stock at warehouse to the supplier and wait for new stock with corrected artwork which has a release date May 24th

Amazon website listing has corrected artwork but the stock they have is still the previous stock that had a release date April 26th

Amazon Germany the replacement I received was same as previous :angry::mad:

Amazon Germany does not have stock with the corrected artwork

I told them 3 weeks ago they was to return all existing stock at warehouse to the supplier and wait for new stock with corrected artwork which has a release date May 24th

Amazon website listing has corrected artwork but the stock they have is still the previous stock that had a release date April 26th
What a bizarre situation! Do the discs sound good, at least?

Any news about the corrected one? It was released finally? I can't find pics and it is sold out now in amazon...
There was limited amount of stock with correct artwork supplied to few select retailers

The rest of the stock with corrected artwork to all retailers this was delayed

Release date is now July 26th 2019

@PadreKarras
If you want to get this now with corrected artwork

You can purchase from The SDE Shop (Super Deluxe Edition Store) as they was first retailer to get corrected version
£39.99
https://www.shopsuperdeluxe.com/pro...rnie-soundtrack-2lp-cd-7-super-deluxe-edition

Note
Some customers received as a bonus from SDE shop
We included the ‘wrong’ Marnie sleeves on CD and vinyl (for people who pre-ordered up until April 23rd) as a bonus.

You unlikely now though will get the bonus of wrong Vinyl and CD sleeves as that was only for those that pre ordered with SHE shop

I've preordered last saturday (using amazon link that you posted)... and now amazon says that is shipped and it will arrive next thursday. I'm afraid of receive again with wrong cover...

I have yet a complete edition with wrong cover, for my collection. Love these mispressed ones. I'll keep it sealed.

Now I need one corrected... we'll see what arrive in a couple of days.