Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 26th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Sunday 20th November)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000

11356857-2134432179334653.jpg

11356857-1214432179387708.jpg 11356857-1764432179486612.jpg 11356857-7284432179446898.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't seen it, and from the way you wax lyrical over this, I imagine you haven't, I would highly recommend watching Frankenstein The True Story. The cast is lavish: James Mason, David McCallum, Leonard Whiting, Michael Sarrazin, Jayne Seymour, Ralph Richardson, John Gielgud, Nicola Pagett, Agnes Moorehead . . . with sets to match.

Whilst not loyal to the novel, it is faithful to the true spirit in a way that you seldom see in a Frankenstein film. Co written by Christopher Isherwood, it is really enjoyable; for me the best.

p.s. if the IMDB means anything, it is, at last count,, the highest rated of all the Frankenstein films.

Sorry but the 'critically acclaimed' best frankensteins are still the 2 universal monster classics frankenstein and bride of frankenstein, without a doubt and if imdb means anything:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0021884/
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0026138/

I notice there is no mention of the 1,000 copies in Zavvis actual listing.

Was only mentioned in a tweet or something so far....
The steelbook Alert email has limited to just 1000 copies and also listed on twitter and facebook
View attachment 277558

MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN STEELBOOK

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray!

Limited to just 1000 copies!

RE: CREATIVE WHITE PLATE

Message to Scanavo:-
Dear Sir or Madam,
Regarding the finish description on your upcoming MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN steelbook there is the phrase "Creative White Plate" in the retailer's listing. As I've not come across this term before I'm curious to know what it means exactly.
Please let me know at your convenience.
Thanking you in advance for your kind attention in this matter.
Yours faithfully,

Reply:-
Hi Nicholas,
Thank you for getting in touch. I am not sure what that was about – however, this has now been updated and you will see that this SteelBook® case has been created with a partial varnish – check this link: http://steelbook.com/releases/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-steelbook-edition-2/
Best regards,
Alice

. . . and this reply of today to the question originally asked from my usual contact there:-
Hi Nicholas,
That means that they have considered and worked creatively with the white layer.

As you might know we print with CMYK + white. We can work with the white layer – allowing or blocking for the metal - to create different effects on the SteelBook®.
I hope this answers your question.

Have a great evening.
................................................................................................................................................................
According to the manufacturer:-
"The classic horror movie from 1994 got a make-over, so get ready to re-watch Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein in a brand new SteelBook® edition which has been treated with a partial varnish!

To create an interesting play in the artwork a white layer is used to allow or block the metallic shine from the SteelBook® case. On this edition a mix of solid and metallic is used to maximize the metallic effect within the design.
Specs
  • Release Date
    26 Dec 2016
  • Locations
    United Kingdom
  • Formats
    Blu-ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    SPOT GLOSS
  • Publisher
    Sony Pictures Entertainment"

Last edited:
:hilarious:

I can't stop laughing at "I am not sure what that was about"

Don't know why but I find so funny

So it's a crap looking steel with what the majority think is a crap film and now complemented by a crap finsh. Excellent

An already dull looking Steelbook has peaked with an even more dull finish

Reactions: K.i.T
I'm sure one of our greatest Shakespearian ac-tors will be glad his movie looks like a late-night channel 5 made-for-TV flick. Looks pap.

Back in stock
It never really went out of stock as such
The release date arrived and with no stock available
Zavvi stock control system due to stock not been delivered it auto went sold out and vanished from the website.

As soon as Zavvi got delivery it was active again and changed to Buy Now

All Zavvi listings on website when a release date arrives and zavvi don't get delivery of the stock the website lists as sold out until either stock arrives later that day or few days later and changes to Buy Now or release date gets updated on website and Pre Order shows again

With a release date of the 9th January mine's shipped out today as expected :thumbs:

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Blu-ray
UK.png
Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook Sony Pictures| 1994 | 123 min | Rated BBFC: 15 | Jan 09, 2017 (5 Days)
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Steelbook Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition UK
Release Date: January 9, 2017 - Live Sunday Nov 20, 6 pm (uk time)
Purchase Link:
Zavvi - LIMITED To 1000 Copies (Blu-ray.com)

Release date is the 9th of January 2017. Pre-order price (at time of writing) is £15.99 (Steelbookhunterz)

https://tapatalk.com/.../284966-mary-shelleys-frankenstein-steelbook-zavvi-exclusive-.
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Steelbook Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition UK. Release Date: January 9, 2017 - Live Sunday Nov 20, 6 pm (uk time).

Last edited: