Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: September 18, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 13 around 6 PM BST)
Price: £15.99

11524895-1784505040982491.jpg

11524895-8914505041150767.jpg
11524895-1874505041211013.jpg
Audio: English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, Spanish 5.1 DTS
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, English

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn- you let dad live in the SD world?! That's cold-blooded! Buy him a blu ray player and an HD tv!

Oh dude, I have tried. He already has a PS3 as a blu ray player, he even has a 3D capable TV, but whenever he buys films he tends to go with DVD because they are cheaper and he thinks DVD picture quality is just fine. Haha

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Oh dude, I have tried. He already has a PS3 as a blu ray player, he even has a 3D capable TV, but whenever he buys films he tends to go with DVD because they are cheaper and he thinks DVD picture quality is just fine. Haha
One of the "I don't see the difference" crowd, eh?! :rofl:
Well, at the very least - they are being upconverted with the PS3!IMG_8368.GIF

Just received mine too... glad the whites are actually white, and the gloss was a nice surprise! A pretty classy looking steelbook overall... very happy with it. :)

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz and harry
Just received mine too... glad the whites are actually white, and the gloss was a nice surprise! A pretty classy looking steelbook overall... very happy with it. :)
PLease, check on disc menu audio tracks/subs (don't just read the jcard)

Thank you

p.s.
Inside artwork confirmed?

PLease, check on disc menu audio tracks/subs (don't just read the jcard)

Thank you

p.s.
Inside artwork confirmed?
Audio: English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, Spanish 5.1 DTS
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, English

I'm unable to take an actual photo at the moment, but the interior is what's shown in the OP...
11524895-1874505041211013.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bradipolpo
happy days - ? received mine and haven't yet opened it. because... can anyone confirm if the extras on this blu ray really are as limited as the j-card suggests? :confused: my 2 disc DVD edition has got loads of really good extras, making of's, and more, but the steel j-card suggests very little. is the j-card correct? if so, i'm an unhappy bunny that yet another film finally gets a steel release, but is also stripped of all the additional content. :( if not, then i am a happy bunny. :)

happy days - ? received mine and haven't yet opened it. because... can anyone confirm if the extras on this blu ray really are as limited as the j-card suggests? :confused: my 2 disc DVD edition has got loads of really good extras, making of's, and more, but the steel j-card suggests very little. is the j-card correct? if so, i'm an unhappy bunny that yet another film finally gets a steel release, but is also stripped of all the additional content. :( if not, then i am a happy bunny. :)
i would think that this is probably not a new transfer, and would, therefore, be using the old blu ray discs.
And the previous blu rays all had extras, so....??
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=12845

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
i would think that this is probably not a new transfer, and would, therefore, be using the old blu ray discs.
And the previous blu rays all had extras, so....??
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=12845
thanks, appreciated. :thumbs: that's what i was afraid of. the 2 disc DVD had all of the below and more. why can't this new release?

"The Hundred Days" documentary (68:41)
"In The Wake Of O'Brian" featurette (19:21)
Featurettes:
- "Cinematic Phasmids" featurette (30:01)
- Sound Design:
---- "On Sound Design" featurette (17:45)
---- Interactive Sound Recording Demo
- "HBO First Look" featurette (25:01)

sad bunny? bunny slammed. :(
giphy.gif

it's always going to be a great film, and it's a good steelbook. but just like so many releases on steel, it's low on extras (and the extras for Master and Commander, especially the Hundred Days doc, are really good). :grumpy: end rant/

• Helpful Post
Reactions: WKRP
thanks, appreciated. :thumbs: that's what i was afraid of. the 2 disc DVD had all of the below and more. why can't this new release?

"The Hundred Days" documentary (68:41)
"In The Wake Of O'Brian" featurette (19:21)
Featurettes:
- "Cinematic Phasmids" featurette (30:01)
- Sound Design:
---- "On Sound Design" featurette (17:45)
---- Interactive Sound Recording Demo
- "HBO First Look" featurette (25:01)

sad bunny? bunny slammed. :(
giphy.gif

it's always going to be a great film, and it's a good steelbook. but just like so many releases on steel, it's low on extras (and the extras for Master and Commander, especially the Hundred Days doc, are really good). :grumpy: end rant/
Or you can stick a hub on the opposite side inside the steelbook and put the extras DVD inside!
(They were probably all made in SD quality - so blu ray HD would just have them in SD anyway)
IMG_2744.JPG