Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Aug 16, 2012
Midlands UK
Release date: February 1st , 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy, hosted by Naughtius Maximus: Click HERE

01-116694.jpg

Just saw this so thought id start a thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Who told you?

I contacted HMV shortly after the listing went up (I mentioned it early in this thread) to ask whether it would include 3D, as it was released in UK cinemas in 3D) and they responded saying it would include both 2D and 3D

However it seems no blu-ray version anywhere included 3D so it's not like I'm missing out and at least it's uncut

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Reading a bit about this I gather that the idea behind the "Fewer 3D BDs" is because Fox (and maybe other companies as well ) is devoting its energies to 4K which doesn't support 3D . . . and I quote "the Blu-ray Disc Association decided not to include frame-packed 3D technology in the specs for the new format therefore all 4K Ultra HD BDs are 2D only."
As 4K is the next "big thing" in home video I suppose there's still no reason why 2K 3D BDs should die off, though, and these could be included typically in a premium package such as in a 2/3-disc steelbook - 1X4K BD, 1X3D 2K BD / 1X2D 2K BD).
As technology marches on I'd guess this spec is not written in stone and that 4K 3D BDs could happen in the future.

I contacted HMV shortly after the listing went up (I mentioned it early in this thread) to ask whether it would include 3D, as it was released in UK cinemas in 3D) and they responded saying it would include both 2D and 3D

However it seems no blu-ray version anywhere included 3D so it's not like I'm missing out and at least it's uncut
picked this up instore earlier and it was specifically displayed in the 'blu-ray 3D' section of the new releases (only the steelbook mind) yet when I get home, open it up and see there's only one disc, I check on the rear and see its IS just a one disc release :(

• Informative
Reactions: JayWhit
picked this up instore earlier and it was specifically displayed in the 'blu-ray 3D' section of the new releases (only the steelbook mind) yet when I get home, open it up and see there's only one disc, I check on the rear and see its IS just a one disc release :(

They obviously still think it has 3D!!!

Could you please let me know what type of finish this has? (Matte, glossy, spot-gloss, etc...)
Thanks mate

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Some photos for my fellow ninjas. Apologies that the're not the best as when I was taking the photos I spotted the most horrific spine slash I have ever seen!! So I lost interest as I'm fuming at the moment! @djs1401 it is totally matte, no gloss at all but has embossing! Still really peeved with HMV as every, I say again, every HMV Steelbook I have ever bought from HMV online has had a spine slash, including ones that I bought when I just got into Steelbook collecting when they went into administration! Not surprised that they did really considering the effing numbskulls they have working for them!!!:banghead::angry::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse the obvious question, but why unseal it with such an obvious scratch visible unless you intend to go the way of the sharpie?
Anyway, many thanks for the lovely pix of a nice-looking steelbook - a much better-looking steel than the first one (IMO).
Shame about the 2 quid more price (GBP 19.99 as against 17.99) though :(
I do remember however that it could be bought from Xtra-vision for GBP17.99 with a 10% code as I had it in my basket at that price but never followed through with the purchase.
Not wishing to appear insensitive but a damaged steelbook received from a company other than Zavvi makes for a refreshing change !

Last edited:
Excuse the obvious question, but why unseal it with such an obvious scratch visible unless you intend to go the way of the sharpie?
Anyway, many thanks for the lovely pix of a nice-looking steelbook - a much better-looking steel than the first one (IMO).
Shame about the 2 quid more price (GBP 19.99 as against 17.99) though :(
I do remember however that it could be bought for GBP17.99 with a 10% code as I had it in my basket at that price but never followed through with the purchase.
I open all my steels, and in all honesty I didn't see the scratch until I was taking the photos. Should go to specsavers!!

Reactions: virkia and luke98
Just picked up a copy in-store. Much better looking than I was expecting, I did hesitate about the £19.99 price tag, but as there were only three copies left I thought "what the hell".

Funny, however, that looking at the exterior packaging there's no way of telling that it's uncut. The word "uncut" only appears on the actual disc.. :rolleyes:

F.Y.I:
Those with a Sanborns MX Account, I just stumbled across this listing >>> HERE! The Steelbook is currently sold for a damn great price! :thumbs:

mexico maze runner steel.JPG
capture.JPG

Dont forget, FREE shipping on Wednesdays and Thursdays!
popcorn2.gif

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Not sure mate :confused: but at that price, I wouldn't mind owning it! :thumbs:

Yeah very good price. Especially if I hold out till wed.

I can't seem to find any photos of this one of videos but I've seen the Best Buy version and not sure if it's the same but it looks quite basic compared to the hmv U.K. Version plus it has uncut which I would prefer to match the 1st one

• Helpful Post