Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £18.99
Notes: Region B locked

meet1.jpg

meet2.jpg

meet3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve still never seen this! This steelbook is lovely! Is it a good film?
Oh yeah, the film was great. I went in with zero expectations and ended up enjoying it a good deal.
Overall, this is a great day to be a Disney Steel collector. I thought this series was dead and buried, so am very happy to see this on the oncoming release list.

Reactions: Suspi
Yes, just saw this on another site . . . the one I've been waiting and hoping for . . . couldn't press the pre-order button fast enough.
One of my favourite modern era as opposed to classic era Disney films . . . if they don't shift 4,000 - or whatever the print run is - for this world Exclusive steelbook within the next six weeks I'll be VERY surprised.

Last edited:
Great to see Disney are continuing their classic line of steels! That being said, I've never actually seen this film, and £19 is way too much IMO... I'll await a price drop.

Can‘t order before I know this will be produced in the old fashioned disney zavvi style.
Recommend you order and cancel later . . . although don't think you'll need to cancel . . . looks like a perfect candidate for Gloss + lots of embossing with the artwork framed as it is . . . as you mention looks like a perfect candidate for an old school Zavvi/Disney steelbook.

Reactions: robbodoc and Patr0n
This is very welcome news indeed. Made my day!

It's encouraging to see that this is not being released as a lenticular edition like the last title in the collection (Lilo & Stitch). Coupled with the fact that the artwork has a framing border I have high hopes for this one being glossed and bossed just like the old school Disney steels.

As mentioned on the Disney Collection thread, I think Meet the Robinsons is an interesting choice and would have expected something like Bolt before this. But I'm not complaining. Keep them coming!

Maybe Winnie the Pooh will get a release too when Christopher Robin hits cinemas (17th August here in the UK) Fingers crossed...

It looks fantastic, I’m glad to see they’ve dropped the lenticular magnets as the older releases without them are much better. The Disney Collection is pretty much the best thing Zavvi has done, so it’s great to see a new title in the collection.

Great to see Disney are continuing their classic line of steels! That being said, I've never actually seen this film, and £19 is way too much IMO... I'll await a price drop.
Considering there isn’t a 3D disc, it is a lot of money for a catalogue title
Might just stick with my USA 3D lenti slip version which is not ideal for a steel collector...meh

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Considering there isn’t a 3D disc, it is a lot of money for a catalogue title
Might just stick with my USA 3D lenti slip version which is not ideal for a steel collector...meh
My thoughts exactly mate. They know how badly people want these films in steels, so are obviously just being greedy with the price... but this is Di$ney we're talking about, so nothing new there. :greedy:

Unlike in The Americas or Australia etc.. inside neither of the previous Amaray Blu-ray releases here in the UK (2007 & 2014) will you find a 3D disc.

Apart from that the vast majority of the 68 Zavvi steelbook releases of Disney/Disney Pixar animated classics have been 1-discers on first release . . . with notable exceptions including these 16 - THE LION KING, TANGLED, BEAUTY & THE BEAST, FROZEN, BRAVE, RATATOUILLE, WALL.E, FRANKENWEENIE, BIG HERO 6, FINDING DORY, CARS, MONSTERS INC., MOANA, ZOOTROPOLIS, THE GOOD DINOSAUR and UP.

. . . and one good thing about having steelbooks arranged by release date is that it's possible to see how often they've been released in pairs . . . quite often as it happens . . . and maybe not unreasonable to hope that BOLT will join MEET THE ROBINSONS for the first time in a steelbook w/ no reasonable excuse there for absent 3D disc.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc