Multi Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes / MGSV: The Phantom Pain

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
!

Last night at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary party, series creator Hideo Kojima announced Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, a new title in the series where you play as Old Snake in an open-world environment. Everything in the game will be at Snake's disposal, including vehicles. Calling in an evac will also play an important role in the new game. The title will run off of his new Fox Engine.

ANNOUNCED: MGS: GROUND ZEROES WILL BE RELEASED WITHIN THIS CONSOLE GENERATION AND WILL BE MULTI-PLATFORM FOR PS3 AND XBOX 360

Famitsu-pic.jpg

*Images courtesy of Famitsu

Quote from Famitsu regarding the reveal: 
(August 30, 2012) today, "held Metal Gear event "METAL GEAR 25th ANNIVERSARY PARTY" 25th anniversary of the birth ".  Surprise announcement last, FOX ENGINE! PC real-time demonstration in assuming the spec is equivalent to 360 PS3/Xbox was unveiled. Although the video shooting and the video had been banned, such as animation (representing the cloth fluttering) texture of the clothes and the light reflected on the wet ground, flare of light, of the human face, comparable to games in Europe and the United States down to the smallest detail Ensure that there is no representation is made. Hideo Kojima is assumed to be a "declaration Kojima Productions will continue waging a battle to the world" this demo.  , "Path", "do not belong to the national army", contains the familiar words "Marine (mother) base",,, is the dialogue. I had appeared and Snake! " METAL GEAR SOLID GROUND Zeroes this demo, entitled "The thing for the game rather than Tekkudemo normal engine, and have actually made ​​a new open-world game as Sneaking. But what this current generation of machines with an eye on the cloud computing game engine itself, so I have done development towards next-generation machine.  As a game, and the free and real-time infiltration Sneaking Mission of stage-based design is different so far, also good to sneak walk, that beauty will be deprived of their armored car things possible. By the way, it can call and rescue helicopter burning flares, or to support the attack, it is possible to leave the front line. Aims to "game with no game over" to be forwarded in any way. This demonstration, the Snake is the end to leave aboard the helicopter flew over and ring the Ride of the Valkyries. Although the song selection seems like director of movies, songs that choice on their own. Completion time of it as a game to be worried about is the "not so much to keep you waiting," by the way. Wait for further news!

snake.jpg

007.jpg

MGS_GZ_PS3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a series I never got into... and by that I mean I just never got around to playing them. As much as I like the look of these games, it would take me too long to catch up now. Still, this sounds awesome!

Thanks for sharing mate. :)

This is a series I never got into... and by that I mean I just never got around to playing them. As much as I like the look of these games, it would take me too long to catch up now. Still, this sounds awesome!

Thanks for sharing mate. :)

Oh, man... you are missing out on the greatest franchise in gaming history! Trust me. :p

Oh, man... you are missing out on the greatest franchise in gaming history! Trust me. :p
Maybe I'll start from the very beginning of MGS once I retire. :D

It's a game I regret never buying... I always remember my friends at school talking about it, but I couldn't really afford to buy my own games back then and relied on my parents to "treat" me to stuff like that lol.

Maybe I'll start from the very beginning of MGS once I retire. :D

It's a game I regret never buying... I always remember my friends at school talking about it, but I couldn't really afford to buy my own games back then and relied on my parents to "treat" me to stuff like that lol.

There's really not too many to catch up on and each game is relatively short (Peace Walker's the longest, but the other shouldn't take more than 10 hours each to finish). If you wanted to play the whole series, go this route (follows the series' chronology):

1) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (available within the HD Collection)
2) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (available within the HD Collection)
3) Metal Gear (available within the HD Collection)
4) Metal Gear 2 (available within the HD Collection)
5) Metal Gear Solid (can download on the PSN)
6) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (available within the HD Collection)
7) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

All the other games in the series (the VR missions, the PSP titles, the upcoming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) are not needed.

Reactions: Noodles
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MGS is my all time favourite game, and I love the whole MGS saga. Absolutely loved MGS 4, so this is great news!!

There's really not too many to catch up on and each game is relatively short (Peace Walker's the longest, but the other shouldn't take more than 10 hours each to finish). If you wanted to play the whole series, go this route (follows the series' chronology):

1) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (available within the HD Collection)
2) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (available within the HD Collection)
3) Metal Gear (available within the HD Collection)
4) Metal Gear 2 (available within the HD Collection)
5) Metal Gear Solid (can download on the PSN)
6) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (available within the HD Collection)
7) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

All the other games in the series (the VR missions, the PSP titles, the upcoming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) are not needed.
Very helpful! Thanks for that mate. Will have to look in to getting them all once I have some money saved up. :D

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MGS is my all time favourite game, and I love the whole MGS saga. Absolutely loved MGS 4, so this is great news!!

I feel the same way, man! This game features Old Snake, but he looks younger than he did in #4, so I'm thinking this'll take place in-between MGS2 and MGS4. I so can't wait! This sounds like the most epic game ever! :oohyeah:

Very helpful! Thanks for that mate. Will have to look in to getting them all once I have some money saved up. :D

No problem, bud! I highly recommend you checking them out when you have the $$$. You'll never experience more epic storytelling in a video game than you will with MGS.

I'm waiting for the HD collection to hit £17.99, then I'll buy it :D

I already own the HD Collection twice... the extremely limited edition from North American and the ultra limited edition from Australia. I haven't played through the games yet, though. No time. :(

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Out of curiousity, does anyone have a theory on why this is called "Ground Zeroes". I read this earlier:

The name ‘Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes’ is interesting for a few reasons. Anyone up on the MGS backstory will know that Zero was Snake’s commander in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and would later go on to be his arch nemesis.

Zero served in the SAS alongside the Boss and later joined the CIA. Once there he hired Donald Anderson (the DARPA chief in Metal Gear Solid) and Dr. Clark. After the events of Operation Snake Eater he formed the Patriots with Clark and Anderson, as well as Big Boss and EVA.

Unhappy with the Patriot’s actions, Big Boss defected and formed the mercenary group Militaires Sans Frontières (Soldiers Without Borders) and both snake and Big Boss would become enemies from then on.

During the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (originally Metal Gear Solid 5) Big Boss forms Outer Heaven, a state for soldiers who are fed up being used as tools by their respective governments.

At some point in the series canon, MSF goes rogue and in 1995, a young Solid Snake is sent to Outer Heaven to diffuse the uprising and eventually takes down Big Boss in battle. Only for him return later in the series.

Outer Heaven is based in South Africa, and so far Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes concept art, FOX Engine demonstrations and today’s reveal have pointed at a South African setting, such as art depicting Big Boss standing next to a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog – native to the region.

This could be the game where we see Big Boss lose his way, as well as sparking his war with Zero and the Patriots. There’s also the little matter of Big Boss saving the life of a young Frank Jaeger in South Africa – the same man who later becomes Grey Fox / Cyborg Ninja.

Definitely a well thought-out theory and it could very well be true. My personal view on the matter (and the one I'm hoping ends up to be true)...

What if "Ground Zeroes" means Metal Gear Solid 0, as in before Metal Gear Solid 1... and the reason that it's pluralized is because it tells more than 1 story... as in this being a remake of the original two Metal Gear games. Just throwing that out there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kinda hoping this would be a sequel to MGS 4 rather than another 'in-between' game?

I was expecting a direct sequel to MGS4 with another character instead of Snake, but this'll definitely do for now. I'm really hoping that this is a remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2. Kojima's also working on a project for the next generation of consoles, so maybe that'll be an actual MGS5.

does that say this Console generation?So this game is coming early next year?

It won't be early next year as Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance already holds that slot, but I'm thinking it'll be some time Fall 2013. Since it's rumoured that the PS4 and Xbox 720 will be released during that period, I guess MGS:GZ will either be released before or during the new consoles' life spans.

Kojima has stated that Ground Zeroes will serve as the prequel to something larger. He didn't say what that would be, but most are assuming Metal Gear Solid 5. :scat:

That video was AWESOME!!!!!!!

If it is a prequel, then I do hope the next one is MGS 5!