Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 2, 2018
Purchase links: Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Zoom) - £23.99 (Zavvi)

8316194_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
getting all 5 with that price isn't too bad at all, considered they're 4K and steelbooks... but one thing that still bug me is that "m:1" title that runs criss cross with the longer title... i think it's not necessary at all and didn't help the design one bit...

but one thing that still bug me is that "m:1" title that runs criss cross with the longer title... i think it's not necessary at all and didn't help the design one bit...

Considering all the things that CAN go wrong with steelbooks nowadays what you're saying seems pretty minor...

These look pretty good to me. My only concerns are A) The finish, and B) Will future sequels like Fallout use the same design. I'm sick of having steelbook sets with mismatched styles because some bored graphic designer decided to play around with Photoshop.

I'd guess different design, at least for the spine. They've run out of colours with these 5 :watch:
Plenty of different colours and shades available for the spines ;) ... just check out the UK Studio Ghibli collection.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great looking set :thumbs:
Interesting to see that the diagonal title isn't quite dead .. . after the aborted RONIN and the recently released ESCAPE PLAN ...
185725_large.jpg
194428_large.jpg

... and of course THE ULTIMATE (MISSION IMPOSSIBLE) COLLECTION ... as can be seen, the standalones go great with THE COLLECTION. Was pondering on where I'd seen Blu-ray case artwork in similar vein to THE COLLECTION ... and then remembered an early buy - THE LODGER (1927) ... Hitch's first Brit flic:-
46449_large.jpg
138871_large.jpg

As on THE COLLECTION steelbook ... de-bossed titles would be the icing on the cake:-
upload_2018-5-18_12-49-32.png

upload_2018-5-17_10-7-18.png
upload_2018-5-17_10-7-53.png
upload_2018-5-17_10-8-35.png
upload_2018-5-17_10-9-13.png
upload_2018-5-17_10-9-48.png

Less fancy but similar style also offered to the Amaray buyers:-
202922_large.jpg
203024_large.jpg
203025_large.jpg
203026_large.jpg
203027_large.jpg

[URL='http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Escape-Plan-Blu-ray/194428/#'][URL='http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Escape-Plan-Blu-ray/194428/#'][URL='http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?genre=Action'][URL='http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?genre=Thriller'] [/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
I much prefer the old matching steels (see below) - just a shame they only went as far as M:I-3. I imagine the exact same will happen here... quick money grab before the new film is out with no plans of a matching steelbook. :rolleyes:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Considering all the things that CAN go wrong with steelbooks nowadays what you're saying seems pretty minor...

These look pretty good to me. My only concerns are A) The finish, and B) Will future sequels like Fallout use the same design. I'm sick of having steelbook sets with mismatched styles because some bored graphic designer decided to play around with Photoshop.

I highly doubt the designs will continue into the new movie. Generally the newest (un-released) movie gets a different design and the set doesn't match.
It's one of those where they offer a 'matching set' right beforehand and draws you in to buy them all only to find you have to do the same thing all over again when the next next movie comes out in the series.
It was one of my biggest annoyances about collecting steelbooks but I no longer collect anything outside of the MCU/DCEU now.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
I much prefer the old matching steels (see below) - just a shame they only went as far as M:I-3. I imagine the exact same will happen here... quick money grab before the new film is out with no plans of a matching steelbook. :rolleyes:

View attachment 374252 View attachment 374253 View attachment 374254

Still love these myself as well, if these new ones get the same treatment (glossy and embossed titles) though they could be just as nice. I'll be waiting till live shots have been shown and decide whether to get these or just the 4K amarays

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Still love these myself as well, if these new ones get the same treatment (glossy and embossed titles) though they could be just as nice. I'll be waiting till live shots have been shown and decide whether to get these or just the 4K amarays
Glossy, maybe. I can't see them being embossed though, since the "M:I" text is too close to the edge of the steelbook for it to work... plus a border would cut through Cruise's face on some of them.

Glossy, maybe. I can't see them being embossed though, since the "M:I" text is too close to the edge of the steelbook for it to work... plus a border would cut through Cruise's face on some of them.

Good point on the embossing, maybe debossing instead then? Of course you know at this point flat and matte will be the answer :( :p