Genre: Action

Director: Christopher McQuarrie

Cast: Tom Cruise

Release: 2021-07-31

Plot: Plot unknown.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Awesome!
Too many 'girls' though, Rebecca Ferguson would've been enough for me, although I'm longing for Michelle Monaghan.
Here they got Vanessa Kirby returning, and there's also Pom Klementieff, and Haley Atwell.

Either way much more await this, than Top Gun sequel, which wasn't needed.

Reactions: kaw
Damn a trailer for a film not out for over another year, not often you see that anymore

Are these confirmed to be the last 2 of the MI films?

Reactions: Noodles
Amazing Trailer! Can't Wait!

Damn a trailer for a film not out for over another year, not often you see that anymore

Are these confirmed to be the last 2 of the MI films?

Yeah, Its suppose to be the final 2 films for the "Ethan Hunt" story.
But honestly... its one of Paramounts biggest money makers. In a few years I could see Spinoffs or a Paramount+ series or something happening without Tom (which would suck because the MI franchise is TOM)... But I still could see it happening.

This looks absolutely epic! Unlike most franchises nowadays, I feel MI really ups the ante each and every time, both in terms of action and story. Will be sad to see this series of MI movies come to an end, but I applaud them for not dragging it out to its death like most do when something becomes a big money maker.

I was really looking forward to this but Cruise is looking old in that trailer. Didn't do too much for me. Hope it's good

This looks absolutely epic! Unlike most franchises nowadays, I feel MI really ups the ante each and every time, both in terms of action and story. Will be sad to see this series of MI movies come to an end, but I applaud them for not dragging it out to its death like most do when something becomes a big money maker.
I agree. I really hated the first 2 movies, but from MI 3 on, it’s gotten better virtually every time (and I only say virtually, because I haven’t watched them all back to back).

Reactions: Noodles
I agree. I really hated the first 2 movies, but from MI 3 on, it’s gotten better virtually every time (and I only say virtually, because I haven’t watched them all back to back).
Yeah, the first 2 weren't the best, although I do kinda have a soft spot for MI1. Definitely gonna have to rewatch them all before the news one come out.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
It’s a crime if you like the MI franchise but don’t like the first. That’s really weird. Literally the best, followed by 3, 5 & 6 (not necessarily in that order)

2 and 4 are awful though.

Asked if the “Dead Reckoning” movies will be the end of Cruise’s tenure with the action franchise, McQuarrie responded, “Let me tell you, I’ve been working with Tom Cruise for 15 years and I cannot tell you the number of times I’ve been standing next to the man, witnessed an event and then read about it in the trades the next day and none of what they describe is actually true.”

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Asked if the “Dead Reckoning” movies will be the end of Cruise’s tenure with the action franchise, McQuarrie responded, “Let me tell you, I’ve been working with Tom Cruise for 15 years and I cannot tell you the number of times I’ve been standing next to the man, witnessed an event and then read about it in the trades the next day and none of what they describe is actually true.”

Listening to the Light the Fuse podcast as we speak (eps 200). Its great stuff! Highly recommend it.

Reactions: IRON MAN
Easily my most anticipated movie of 2023. They really hit their stride with Ghost protocol. I can’t think of another franchise that progressively got better with each sequel.

Reactions: kaw
FrMMf9hWcAE2Mhv.jpeg