Moana (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: April 3, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Note: Will include title on the spine

11378682-5664457368347810.jpg

11378682-1734457368395069.jpg 11378682-2124457368095384.jpg 11378682-1834458449459097.jpg
Older mock-up
moana1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the best Steelbook edition of Moana then?

By the looks of it, Zavvi seems to be the winner because it has a title on the spine and is also the cheapest.

BestBuy has title on the spine AND on the front, so I think it's the best if the finish is OK !

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Perfect!

Title on the J-card is a win all round.
For people like me that prefer artwork on the front only, and for those of you that (weirdly IMO) want titles on the front as well as the side/spine and Lord knows where else.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker
We need to accept Disney aren't going to put titles on the front.

They're basically still going to use one design for the front and back worldwide, and just different spines with the title on it for English (as a first language) countries. At least we're rid of the picture spines, so I'll settle for that.

There are a few companies that leave some of their releases title free on the front. Recently, Blair Witch didn't have one.

Yes, Disney isn't gonna learn. And as long as they don't change this strategy, I will just stick to the amarays (in full slip), which will probably have the better artwork and be a lot cheaper anyway.

If a steelbook is ugly, even 10 € is too much.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo
Yes, Disney isn't gonna learn. And as long as they don't change this strategy, I will just stick to the amarays (in full slip), which will probably have the better artwork and be a lot cheaper anyway.

If a steelbook is ugly, even 10 € is too much.

The titles are on the Jcard, If your like me and display in the jcard opened then a title missing on the steel shouldnt be a problem, i like that they dont use titles on the front, keeps the artwork clean, im just happy they have started putting titles on the spine finally.

• Thanks
Reactions: yy0925
After the Blufans Doctor Strange artwork I think I'm finally done with Zavvi

I don't understand how Blufans can wait it out and once the dust is settled do their own exclusive artwork with all the trimmings. I'd rather Zavvi just say "Look we are stocking the WWA one but for you hardcore collectors out there we'll be doing our own or sharing the Blufans design"

Wonder if Blufans will get a Rogue One Steelbook

After the Blufans Doctor Strange artwork I think I'm finally done with Zavvi

I don't understand how Blufans can wait it out and once the dust is settled do their own exclusive artwork with all the trimmings. I'd rather Zavvi just say "Look we are stocking the WWA one but for you hardcore collectors out there we'll be doing our own or sharing the Blufans design"

Wonder if Blufans will get a Rogue One Steelbook

Remember there is lots of red tape in Western countries which makes things difficult but it is not the case at least for Blufans in China.

Zavvi are the only Steelbook retailer offering Steelbooks at affordable price.

I pre-ordered the WWA SB for £23 which IMO is cheap compared to how much other retailers are charge and factoring the cost of importing. Also I am seeking many copies of Doctor Strange on eBay already selling at £30-£40.

Last but not least £23 Vs. £50 is a huge difference and the casual collectors will be more than happy to go for the cheaper edition.

The titles are on the Jcard, If your like me and display in the jcard opened then a title missing on the steel shouldnt be a problem, i like that they dont use titles on the front, keeps the artwork clean, im just happy they have started putting titles on the spine finally.
Agreed.
Keep the front and back text free :)

If by colorful you meant saturated, I'm on the contrary afraid it lacks/will lack of it :( (hopefully it won't)

"Keep the front and back text free :)"

I'd usually tend to agree for the front, bu it depends on theart all the same, for this one I think it would have been better with it((and a little closer to the characters and island)

Three confirmed variations of the same steelbook - all full gloss finish (reportedly):-
U.K.- title on the spine and on the 1/4 slip:-
11378682-1254457647190907.jpg

Rest of Europe / Asia - no title on steelbook . . . only on the "flyer":-
comment_74401_attachment_images_1.jpg

U.S. / Canada - de-bossed title on front of steelbook and on spine. Pick of the bunch without a doubt:-
(with images courtesy a.k.a. CRUSH)

dont get me wrong, the title is well done and compliments the image on this steel, I just always prefer the front to be image only. No matter what.
Titles on j-cards, slips or on the spine are welcome.

though in all honesty, I prefer and will probably display the rear artwork of this :)

Unfortunately, what is seen cannot be unseen....the US Best Buy version wins out here, superb gloss finish, well positioned debossed title on the front, title on spine.....

Now the Zavvi version looks incomplete, and now seems to me to have a strange gap on the lower half of the front. I wish I hadn't seen that US version now...:dunno:

If I don't cancel beforehand, i'll just pretend the title on the slip is on the steel...o_O

I'm now wondering which verison would be in the kimchi/nova exclusives(assuming one - probably Kimchi - does one)

One with faces probably but usually Korea caters towards America so never know, might the debossed title version(though am likely wrong)