May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: November 5, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1567720393610.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm a huge disney fan and have all the Zavvi steels, but I can't keep purchasing every new ones that come out. Stop it Disney Arghhhhh! Buttt...
I'll probably will get all these new ones :/

Because once they're on Disney + who needs to buy the physical media anymore?
I guess it depends if you care about the quality of the picture (and probably the audio). If you don't, then Disney, Netflix, apple and so on are fine, but I can promise that if you compare a netflix 4k vs a 4k disk, the 4k Disk wins. As I recall, netflix 4k is around 25Mbps. 4k disks are around 80mbps to 130mbps.

I won't be doing GBs for the entire wave but might do a few here or there for folks that are after definite upgrades on certain steelbooks

This might be a bit of a daft question are these considered part of the signiture collection?

I won't be doing GBs for the entire wave but might do a few here or there for folks that are after definite upgrades on certain steelbooks
If it’s like the other recent Disney/Pixar steelbooks, they’ll be in stock for months. I’ll probably buy a bunch, because I’ll be out of the country when they go on sale and because the return window is huge, but overall, I think BBY is making too many of these to justify day one purchases (unless you’re out of town and can’t see what inventory look like at local stores.)

If it’s like the other recent Disney/Pixar steelbooks, they’ll be in stock for months. I’ll probably buy a bunch, because I’ll be out of the country when they go on sale and because the return window is huge, but overall, I think BBY is making too many of these to justify day one purchases (unless you’re out of town and can’t see what inventory look like at local stores.)

Absolutely - the day one purchase ship sailed a long time ago with Disney. However, the argument being that you are after a collector's item, it may be more difficult to grab one after the fact, just because the ones that are left might have defects.

Always a calculated risk in that way.

Silly question, but why are you asking on a site dedicated to steelbook fanatics ‘who needs to buy the physical media anymore’?

Surely if you take any form of interest in steelbooks you surely know the answer already...

I meant from Disney's point of view. "Once we launch Disney + will anybody buy our physical media? Let's re-release everything on disc before the launch"

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Looking to me like one of the better steels from this new wave which based on the mock-ups I'd place in order of preference:-
1) TANGLED
2) THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG
3) BIG HERO 6
4) MOANA
5) ZOOTOPIA

Absolutely - the day one purchase ship sailed a long time ago with Disney. However, the argument being that you are after a collector's item, it may be more difficult to grab one after the fact, just because the ones that are left might have defects.

Always a calculated risk in that way.
I recall their recent The Little Mermaid Signature Collection sold out quickly during pre-order and never came back in stock. I waited, missed out, and had to order a copy from eBay. So yes it’s a risk