Monsters Inc (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #6) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 17th, 2014
Purchase link: Monsters Inc 3D (sold out)
Price: £20.99
Note:
The others:
Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10864600-1385053395-322752.jpg

10864600-1385053395-322844.jpg

10864600-1385053395-322953.jpg

Last edited:
Oh well. Still love the Kimchi version the most. :scat:

Yep, I'm not one bit disappointed with the money I spent on the Kimchi edition. They had a massive job to beat that version, and they were never likely to really.

True. The zavvi one has nice artwork. It would of had some pop like Kimchi had it of been glossed and remove the pointless border because the title is barely embossed. Internal artwork is nice, but another strange back.

I like it! glad I've got no spine scratches. Loving the zavvi Pixar collection, not as good as some of the others from around the world, but still good.. Just need the rest released now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If this was flat (with no embossing/debossing) and had the same finish as Kimchi's, I think this would've been the definitive release.

This does look quite nice, but It really is a shame that the extra effort isn't made on some of these zavvi exclusives (I'm not blaming zavvi) because if they did they would be the envy of all releases & save me importing at extra cost for the best version.

I think it's clear to see from the comparison shots that the front and inside artwork is on par with Kimchi release. If it had better back artwork and a gloss finish, it would have been as good as the Kimchi version, maybe better. I'm really looking forward to the return of the gloss but even with gloss, I would still find these Pixar releases disappointing because the back artwork just doesn't work in my opinion. The Disney Collection on the other hand will be awesome because although the back artwork is similarly minimalistic, it does go well with the rest of the artwork.