Morbius (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

Nov 19, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon JP Without Bonus Disc - With Bonus Disc (Amazon Exclusive)
Price: ¥10,120

71oR2VDk8TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71zfBiTpAdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81IYtlDDlWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81B9ppy76JL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81Xi00uOT2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71K7M2lOVbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The venom carnage release is the same price too. Makes for a good combo purchase, as shipping only goes up 500jpy.
Whats the import duty threshold for UK, is it £135? and i was able to pay in GBP before but doesn't seem to have the option this time, so will get a currency conversion charge i think, i've changed settings to show GBP.

Whats the import duty threshold for UK, is it £135? and i was able to pay in GBP before but doesn't seem to have the option this time, so will get a currency conversion charge i think, i've changed settings to show GBP.
You'll be fine mate. You don't need to consider duty with amazon, they collect vat on your behalf, as they're uk registered. It should let you pay in gbp, it's lets me. I've got a fee free card though, so it's best for me to pay in jpy anyway. Currency fee won't be much, ordering both should be £73 all in.

You'll be fine mate. You don't need to consider duty with amazon, they collect vat on your behalf, as they're uk registered. It should let you pay in gbp, it's lets me. I've got a fee free card though, so it's best for me to pay in jpy anyway. Currency fee won't be much, ordering both should be £73 all in.
Previously when I ordered from amazon.jp they would collect the import charges upfront with nothing further to pay

Last week when I was about to place an order I didn't see any import fee charges in the breakdown of the various charges and so I didn't place the order as I couldn't be 100% sure

Have you received an order from them in last few weeks to confirm current situation

Previously when I ordered from amazon.jp they would collect the import charges upfront with nothing further to pay

Last week when I was about to place an order I didn't see any import fee charges in the breakdown of the various charges and so I didn't place the order as I couldn't be 100% sure

Have you received an order from them in last few weeks to confirm current situation
They don't break it down for you at checkout (like european etc amazon's do), but it's 100% included within the price. Easy way to test this, look at an item in your basket, then go through to checkout and see the price adjust upwards. That is amazon adjusting the VAT included within the price for the country of delivery, as japan's standard VAT rate is only a meer 10%.

It's been that way for ages now, but yes, I've had both Morbius and Venom Carnage delivered within the last few weeks with no issues. Same as I had x2 copies of Spider-man NWH and their exclusive Ghostbusters Afterlife delivered mid last year.

Last edited:
They don't break it down for you at checkout (like european etc amazon's do), but it's 100% included within the price. Easy way to test this, look at an item in your basket, then go through to checkout and see the price adjust upwards. That is amazon adjusting the VAT included within the price for the country of delivery, as japan's standard VAT rate is only a meer 10%.

It's been that way for ages now, but yes, I've had both Morbius and Venom Carnage delivered within the last few weeks with no issues. Same as I had x2 copies of Spider-man NWH and their exclusive Ghostbusters Afterlife delivered early last year.
Thanks for the quick response

Reactions: samdavies
What’s the finish like on this please.
Spot gloss title, the rest is matte. I say matte, it's more like satin. Very high quality image and finish one this one, I love it personally. PET slip works nicely too, and a decent photo book.

Found out why, have promotional credit total of around £2.50, untick that and can pay in GBP, the fees to currency convert would be around £4.50 total for me, so the points are not worth it.

Reactions: samdavies
It's a great buy for that price. I think I paid about 4,000yen, but that was combined with venom carnage, so shipping for this was only 500yen extra, rather than the 1500-2500yen it seems to fluctuate individually. So that still worked out a better deal.

Reactions: milky
If only they'd put title on front of the steel not back, lol. Definitely miles better than other artwork steel.

Reactions: djjez83
If only they'd put title on front of the steel not back, lol. Definitely miles better than other artwork steel.
Usually I'd agree, but there isn't room on the tront with the design, not for it to sit central anyway. It doesn't matter so much in hand, in the slip. Still looks like a great release imo.