Movie Recommendation Thread

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
This is a place for people to come and recommend movies and check out what others have recommended. Please limit to new releases in theater or Blu-ray/DVD as there are waaay to many good movies from the past to list.

Format Rules

Please follow the following format rules, and I will attempt to update this thread and make a list of 5 star ratings you guys put here.

Movie Name
Genre
Theater Release Date
Star rating (out of 5)

Brief explanation of why its good.

Heres an example:

Doubt
Drama/Mystery
25 December 2008
5 Stars

This movie delivers on what it advertises. You will doubt everything from the ending to who the protagonist/antagonist is. A great story with a simple plot that produces great drama/mystery at a perfect pace. Great acting from top to bottom.

Hopefully we can get a good recommendation system working, as its pretty hard to find a good movie these days. The next post will have the list of all your 5 star recommendations.

Last edited:
I finally saw that, thought it was ok. Probably because I saw way way after it came out. Maybe if I had seen it when it came out I may have a different thought about it.

Yeah. You're probably right. I still think all the BEST movies of my lifetime came out in the 80's and early 90's. (Accept A New Hope of course.)