Mulan (2020) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 7, 2019
Release date: November 10, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

3oih988p08m41.jpg

Thanks to @Stygian

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard they are already predicting 20 billion losses in Hollywood.

Studios are already being hammered with big losses due to poor films and very bad decisions at the top. Would you honestly buy any of the Oscar winners this year?. Me neither! Yes a lot of companies will go under because of this simply because there were in a poor position to begin with and the banks like sharks in the water will simply pounce to asset strip to get their money back. I'd say Disney and CBS are top of the list. As for physical media it's doing well The vanity labels are doing fine with small profit margins and sometimes do very very well with the likes of specific films in special editions. Streaming is simply down to how much a family can pay for it. If times get hard those are the things that go first. Bills still have to be paid and watching the latest episode of your favourite show on Netflix is no longer a priority!

Would you honestly buy any of the Oscar winners this year?.

Well...yeah. Out of the Best Picture category alone, everything bar the 2 Netflix movies (as they're not available) & Little Women (which I liked but not enough to buy).
Hell, I have Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, Joker & Parasite already with the rest on preorder.

Reactions: Lollard2002
Speaking of pre orders. I wonder how long it is before they are effected by all this.

Reactions: DMD4k
Coronavirus is totally different to Flu Virus
Mistake to think they the same
We'll have to agree to disagree Paul. They're not totally different, they are very similar in fact.
The common flu kills more people in Spain alone every year than the total number of deaths we're currently seeing for the whole world.
It is intentionally being blown way out of proportion and you're lapping it up.
Meanwhile the economy is going to take a hit, and our movies we love so much may too, as you guys are saying. That's what's crazy about it.

do you think the steelbook will be released despite the disney + release ?
Home media releases are not affected

Mulan will be getting UHD/Blu-ray/DVD releases
Likely will be December 2020 or January 2021 release

Mulan will also be part of Disney+ Subscription without paying anything extra around 3-4 months after Home Media release

Mulan is a one off with Disney due to a lot cinemas still been closed around the world and the few cinemas that are open having very reduced number of customers allowed inside cinemas at the same time it does not affect later home media release or been later on Disney+ as part of your subscription

Mulan is still been shown in cinemas in countries where Disney+ service is not provided if cinemas are open in that country.

It's no different to what Universal has done with the films below when released in the cinemas
Trolls World Tour/Invisible Man/Emma/The Hunt
on-demand 48 hour rental $19.99 each

The difference with the $29.99 for Mulan it's not restricted to 48 viewing you can watch as many times as you want

You have a choice if you don't want to pay the $29.99 to see same time as cinema release
W
ait for home media releases or when it will be part of disney+ subscription a few months after home media release

• Thanks
Reactions: djfab
This is the only live action remake from Disney that has caught my interest. Partly due to the amazing cast in it, and partly because it doesn't seem to be a shot for shot adaptation of the animated version. I've not actually seen the previous animation so I can't say myself but from what I hear this is more like a new adaptation of Mulan rather than a remake? Looks good anyway so I think I'll have to look in to getting it in a nice steelbook.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Thanks for the comments guys! Maybe hopefully Blufans/ Fanatics see this :naughty::whistle:

I've not actually seen the previous animation so I can't say myself but from what I hear this is more like a new adaptation of Mulan rather than a remake?

I would say so yes, there's some new scenes and characters in the live action remake that weren't in the animated film.

Reactions: Chemartin_1
This is one movie I definitely wanted to see in the theatres. Perhaps Disney might still reconsider releasing eventually on the big screen even though it will be available for streaming from Disney+. With that said, I want this steelbook. C'mon Best Buy Canada. Do something good for us!

Cheers!

This is one movie I definitely wanted to see in the theatres. Perhaps Disney might still reconsider releasing eventually on the big screen even though it will be available for streaming from Disney+. With that said, I want this steelbook. C'mon Best Buy Canada. Do something good for us!

Cheers!
It’s not Disney that’s the issue. The big players (AMC and UA) are wont’ screen movies if they don’t get an exclusive window. I’m not sure why Disney didn’t give them a short window and then offer it on D+. I know I’ve got zero desire to buy it on D+, but I totally would have gone in a theater (assuming it wasn’t too full...cuz covid is sill a thing around here).