Mulan (2020) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 7, 2019
Release date: November 10, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

3oih988p08m41.jpg

Thanks to @Stygian

Last edited by a moderator:
If this was the animation film from 1996 i would be all over this release but I simply can't get worked up about a film that is simply a box ticking exercise in diversity. You would think with the amount of money Disney is losing they would have wised up by now

Watched this yesterday not knowing the original animated one and it was just such a wonderful watch :drool:

I had read somewhere on HDN I believe that the Steelbook is scheduled for early 2021 along side the FAC edition. If Disney approves the FAC I’ll be very happy :oohyeah:

So from what it looks like there won’t be a theatrical release and it will go straight from streaming to Blu-Ray ?

So from what it looks like there won’t be a theatrical release and it will go straight from streaming to Blu-Ray ?

It's been released in theaters outside of North America, just not the wide release as originally planned due to COVID-19. Several countries have it showing in cinemas.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Watched this yesterday not knowing the original animated one and it was just such a wonderful watch :drool:

I had read somewhere on HDN I believe that the Steelbook is scheduled for early 2021 along side the FAC edition. If Disney approves the FAC I’ll be very happy :oohyeah:

Interesting comment. Most people I know who have watched the new film have basically said it's woke garbage. Comments have been both scathing and brutal. To be honest just giving it a wide berth because of that.

Interesting comment. Most people I know who have watched the new film have basically said it's woke garbage. Comments have been both scathing and brutal. To be honest just giving it a wide berth because of that.

From my point of view it was beautifully filmed. The sceneries were breathtaking, really nice and captivating story line(I got emotional at a couple of places :bag: ) great cast and acting was great. I came into this watch with low expectation as I didn’t know the original story and was surprised at how much I liked it. Of course great song during the credit (Christina Aguilera sang her heart out on “Reflection”) it felt like a Disney gem to me :drool:

Reactions: Wonga and IRON MAN
From my point of view it was beautifully filmed. The sceneries were breathtaking, really nice and captivating story line(I got emotional at a couple of places :bag: ) great cast and acting was great. I came into this watch with low expectation as I didn’t know the original story and was surprised at how much I liked it. Of course great song during the credit (Christina Aguilera sang her heart out on “Reflection”) it felt like a Disney gem to me :drool:
Fair enough. Not going to knock you for that. It's just the overriding comments I've heard have been poor but also most people I know that have been scathing about it have seen the original so that could be a factor

Ignoring everything outside of the movie, it was fine. But knowing the source material, knowing the CCP propaganda, it’s not good. She had no growth. She had Jedi like reactions and was already a relatively skilled fighter before running off to fight.

hmmmm i originally think this'll be streaming via Disney + (plus extra) till early next year then it'll be releasing for home video... i guess Disney saw that this never going to make anymore money on their streaming platform so i guess they need to put this out as soon as possible... i really wonder what would happen for big major studios / movies in 2021... things are not looking promising at all...

Last edited:
hmmmm i originally think this'll be streaming via Disney + (plus extra) till early next year then it'll be releasing for home video... i guess Disney saw that this never going to make anymore money on their steaming platform so i guess they need to put this out as soon as possible... i really wonder what would happen for big major studios / movies in 2021... things are not looking promising at all...
Aside from Hamilton, I don’t think there’s every much reason to make a movie exclusive to D+ for more than a few months. Hamilton, I think, will keep some coming back for more (but I cancelled after 1 month....hopefully it’ll get a Disk release next year.

Reactions: goufcustom
hmmmm i originally think this'll be streaming via Disney + (plus extra) till early next year then it'll be releasing for home video... i guess Disney saw that this never going to make anymore money on their streaming platform so i guess they need to put this out as soon as possible... i really wonder what would happen for big major studios / movies in 2021... things are not looking promising at all...
It was planned before Disney+ launch that home media physical discs release would be in November or December 2020 in USA

December 4th its free for Disney+ Subscribers

Digital purchase on other streaming platforms launched on October 6th

Disney has had a lot of purchases on Disney+

Reactions: IRON MAN