Release date: March 12, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

11641313-4974539042768309.jpg

11641313-1484539042984735.jpg 11641313-1994539043090407.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: snooloui and Basil
I like that art a lot. The movie was good, definitely not great, to me. I felt it was a little too geared towards old people nostalgic about the original, IMO.

That said, I do like that art quite a bit.

The artwork is nice but I found the movie to be super boring so easy pass for me

keep in mind the art is not final....which means once again they will put some art that is way worse than this which is actually good

Pre Ordered for now
Fox release artwork I don't expect will be changed it's looks complete to me

The 2017 film It's done well at the box office

I will also be ordering the Studiocanal Blu-ray of the 1974 film released in October and the other Agatha Christie Blu-rays from Studiocanal the first batch come with slipcovers

...I really like the art though, so I expect it will change to a titleless pop art design before long :rolleyes:

I like the art too. although personally would have preferred no title on the front . . .

Just be thankful they didn't use the Chinese film poster:-
upload_2017-12-11_20-41-24.png

If they use the two US posters in the OP I'll be more than happy . . . loco with blood red smoke is certainly something to behold:-
upload_2017-12-11_20-49-16.png
upload_2017-12-11_20-47-48.png

. . . and the inside of the carriage used for the inside art of the steelbook is spot on.

Last edited:
This steel is actually pretty nice, like all artworks, back one is the best....

Didn´t see the movie yet, but I saw the one with David Suchet and it was interesting...

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
Saw the movie last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's great entertainment. So be ordering this!

The original Murder on the Orient Express 1974 film is a classic
I would like if Studiocanal done a steelbook release of the 1974 film and steelbooks of the other Agatha Christie films

The 2017 film not as good as the 1974 film but it's still done well

Last edited:
The original Murder on the Orient Express 1974 film is a classic
I would like if Studiocanal done a steelbook release of the 1974 film and steelbooks of the other Agatha Christie films

The 2017 film not as good as the 1974 film but it's still done well

I have the original on list to watch. I believe it will be even better than the one with David Suchet...

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Artwork is very decent IMO. As for the film... I felt a little "meh" about the trailer, so will wait for a price drop on this.

Whodunnit or even howdunnit is clearly not the only reason to watch these dramas . . . it's for the whydunnit that we watch them.
I'm guessing that anyone not a fan of COLOMBO or crossword puzzles will take no pleasure in following the detective as he/she sifts through the clues to arrive at the murderer/ess?

Hercule Poirot in general and MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS in particular . . . or as the writer Agatha Christie used to say when asked about the '74 film of her 1934 book "That stupid train film". . .
1974 - Albert Finney ------------------------------------- 2001 - Alfred Molina ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 2017 Kenneth Branagh
upload_2017-12-12_1-40-21.png
molina.jpg
upload_2017-12-12_1-50-5.png

David Suchet - 2010 ITV ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 2015 Mansai Nomura
David-Suchet-as-Hercule-P-007.jpg
upload_2017-12-12_1-57-8.png

John Moffatt - 1987 BBC radio
upload_2017-12-12_1-44-35.png

Problem with all Agatha Christie whodunnit is once you know the killer there is no rewatch value
Easy pass

Absolute RUBBISH!!!! I rewatch often, nothing beats a good Christie film, its not just who done it, but all the characterisations, sets, period, and superb acting.

LOVED this film, trailer was weak but film was STUNNING! but then Kenneth directed it and lets be honest if you are a True Brit he's a GOD! anyone disagreeing, should just leave the UK and never return due to utter embarrassment