My Pictures From Wondercon 2018

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
Just returned from my annual trip to Wondercon!
As usual, I took as many pics as I could to document the con.
Because there are so many pics, I didn't have the time to organize them in any meaningful order.
But here they are, over 200 pictures for your perusal.:thumbs: Enjoy!
BE95EE3C-EEDC-4FCE-9B61-8ABB2E484DE9.jpeg

LINK:https://lensdump.com/a/8ZWZ1

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95
Great pics, man! Hero Complex Gallery has been putting out some gorgeous artwork lately. Did you buy any of those prints?
Thanks, @tridon!
Oh yeah. Also, both Vance Kelly and Kevin Wilson were there again this year.
Kevin Signed my copies of Alien "Primordial" (which is an AMA-ZING print. You have to see it in person) and Batman Begins Blue flower Variant ("League of Shadows"- I already had the regular print).
AA0F819E-8F02-4482-B1BC-A8A1518F0726.jpeg

Vance signed my copies of The Matrix "Guns. Lots of Guns.", Blade Runner "You've got the wrong guy, pal.", and Alien "The perfect Organism".
D1A6DA73-7A44-47A8-97E7-A3F0AA24C189.jpeg

5D499DDA-01F2-440C-8860-9DACB3F5ED0D.jpeg
84548175-1C8D-4CE9-8886-5201832B9983.jpeg
6CF9B183-8D51-4E70-A3E3-2E453706C699.png
D15799F7-1540-41D1-B35B-138D8710A910.png
73EEFD91-01D1-4745-AC13-BD417BECDBDF.png

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Thanks, @tridon!
Oh yeah. Also, both Vance Kelly and Kevin Wilson were there again this year.
Kevin Signed my copies of Alien "Primordial" (which is an AMA-ZING print. You have to see it in person) and Batman Begins Blue flower Variant ("League of Shadows"- I already had the regular print).
View attachment 367760
Vance signed my copies of The Matrix "Guns. Lots of Guns.", Blade Runner "You've got the wrong guy, pal.", and Alien "The perfect Organism".
View attachment 367759

Oh, beauty! Good job, man! I've always loved that Alien print by Kevin. That's awesome that you were able to get it signed.

And Vance has been blowing me away lately! I also bought his Matrix print last year and I've been eyeing his Alien and Fellowship of the Ring prints ever since.

Oh, beauty! Good job, man! I've always loved that Alien print by Kevin. That's awesome that you were able to get it signed.

And Vance has been blowing me away lately! I also bought his Matrix print last year and I've been eyeing his Alien and Fellowship of the Ring prints ever since.
That Alien print is not what it seems in pictures. It has two different levels, and two different kinds of materials on top of each other. It is like embossed and 3D. (Hard to explain - but when you see it, there are raised bits)
Craig Drake's IRON GIANT poster used the same technique - it's a beauty, but I didn't pull the trigger on that one....yet.;)
EEF38D02-730A-4CA9-A598-7E0DA2548DD5.jpeg

Yeah, Vance's LOTR is killer. And both the Alien and Aliens prints are awesome. (I also have this Ghostbusters, Bram Stoker Dracula and Predator!)
My buddy who was with me at HCG wanted the Apocalypse Now that Vance did - but they didn't have it... So Vance gave him his email and said he would give him an AP of it! Vance is so cool!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
That Alien print is not what it seems in pictures. It has two different levels, and two different kinds of materials on top of each other. It is like embossed and 3D. (Hard to explain - but when you see it, there are raised bits)
Craig Drake's IRON GIANT poster used the same technique - it's a beauty, but I didn't pull the trigger on that one....yet.;)
View attachment 367794
Yeah, Vance's LOTR is killer. And bothe the Alien and Aliens prints are awesome. (I also have this Ghostbusters, Bram Stoker Darcula and Predator!)
My buddy who was with me at HCG wanted the Apocalypse Now that Vance did - but they didn't have it... So Vance gave him his email and said he would give him an AP of it! Vance is so cool!

That's awesome, man! Vance's artwork is so damn good. He fits in almost everything that you would want in a film poster. I like his Ghostbusters, but it's a little too dark in my opinion. His Fifth Element has the opposite problem -- too bright. Haha! It's all good, though. Not like I have money for all of them, anyway.

That's cool regarding the finish on the Alien print, though. Makes me even more interested in it now. And Craig's Iron Giant is definitely a beauty! Probably one of the best he's ever done!

Reactions: C.C. 95
That's awesome, man! Vance's artwork is so damn good. He fits in almost everything that you would want in a film poster. I like his Ghostbusters, but it's a little too dark in my opinion. His Fifth Element has the opposite problem -- too bright. Haha! It's all good, though. Not like I have money for all of them, anyway.

That's cool regarding the finish on the Alien print, though. Makes me even more interested in it now. And Craig's Iron Giant is definitely a beauty! Probably one of the best he's ever done!
It's o.k. To not like everything from an artist!
As much as I love Vance's stuff - I always thought his Tombstone (though, mostly cool) looks like a roomful of supernatural "cowboys of the damned"! (their eyes).:LOL:
33BC9492-E148-4F83-890A-FDB193AAC93F.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
@tridon @C.C. 95 Gotta agree with you both on Vance. His art is just amazing to look at. I own only his Matrix print so far but i've been keeping an eye on a few others at HCG. If they stay in stock when i get some funds i'm definitely buying them.

And awesome pictures @C.C. 95. Thanks for sharing. I need to go to once of these.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and tridon
@tridon @C.C. 95 Gotta agree with you both on Vance. His art is just amazing to look at. I own only his Matrix print so far but i've been keeping an eye on a few others at HCG. If they stay in stock when i get some funds i'm definitely buying them.

And awesome pictures @C.C. 95. Thanks for sharing. I need to go to once of these.
Thanks! @AlienKing
Do you have BOTH Matrix prints (regular and variant)?;)
17A32A45-236E-4730-A806-27295F9EB58B.jpeg

Unfortunately i only have the regular. Last i checked the variant was about ~$250+shipping on ebay. Plus i didnt have the money. So i've been avoiding it.
Y'know, Ebay is always the worst place to buy posters - they are always EXTREMELY inflated. I would find a seller on ebeans.
(In fact there are quite a few right now- I'll send it to ya).

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing