New beer from the Busch family

Off_contstantly

Beer Man
Premium Supporter
Jul 2, 2009
St. Louis
Just a heads up, but this week the William K. Busch Brewing Company released it's first two beers, Kraftig and Kraftig Light. Both are pilsner lagers and neither of them are being considered craft beers by their brewer or owner. Allegedly, the recipe for both Kraftig and Kraftig Light, are a family recipe that Busch can legally use since he was not working for AB when InBev bought the company.

I know the head brewer for Busch, and I really think his talents are going to be wasted on these two beers.

With all this in mind, I'm fairly sure I've already had these beers, but in a different bottle and a different name, so I don't think I need to torture myself by trying them again. If anyone else decides to try them, let me know. I'd be interested in what you think.

Also, I think the name was a bad idea. From what I've seen, Kraftig is German for strong, so you essentially have Strong and Strong Light.

KraftigBuschBrewingCitybeer 280.jpg

In old Busch news, AB-InBev is coming out with Bud Light Platinum in January. It contains more alcohol than Bud Light at 6 percent alcohol by volume and 137 calories. In comparison, Bud Light contains 4.2 percent alcohol and 110 calories.

Last edited by a moderator: