NEW Forum Feature: Push Alerts To Your Phone or Tablet Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
MODS: This will be moved to the announcement section after some exposure in the steelbook forum

Hello ninjas! We've been testing some new functionality internally with a select few members thus far and the response has been overwhelmingly positive!

The application is called "Pushover".

What does it do? Simply, it allows ANY DEVICE you own (once you synch it to the forums) to receive notifications instantly to your device.

Someone quotes your post? Notification.

Someone sends you a conversation? Notification. (Members can use the stock feature of e-mail notifications).

Watching a thread? Notification (you have to read the thread to get another notification when new content is posted).

The app is not free. It's a one time cost of $4.99. But it can be installed on any device you own once that one fee is paid. (Android or Apple are separate purchases).

Here's what it looks like on my iPhone:

pushover1.jpg

You can also customize at your account level the types of alerts that you receive push notifications for - like so -

pushover2.jpg

Member cost - one time cost to purchase the app - $5 - unlimited installs on the platform and devices you own (desktop, tablets, phones).

HDN cost - we have to pay for any messages in a month received above the "free" threshold from Pushover.

If there are enough people that sign up for this demo, I'll chat with you individually to talk about how we can continue to use this service.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS DEMO, CONTACT ME VIA PM OR TAG ME AND I'll GET YOU DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THIS SERVICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.