New Orleans Comic Con 2014 (Wizard World) (Feb. 7-9)

blumaster

Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2012
Omaha
Now this is a show that I'd really like to go to....

New Orleans Comic Con

Guest List So Far....
Dean Cain Autograph — $40.00
Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) Autograph — $25.00
Henry Winkler Autograph — $30.00 Flats; $40.00 Premium Items
Jason David Frank Autograph — $20.00 8x10; $30 Poster or Shirt
Jon Bernthal Autograph — $30.00
Linda Hamilton Autograph — $40.00
Michael Biehn Autograph — $30.00
Michael Rooker Autograph — $40.00
Norman Reedus Autograph – $40.00
Pam Grier Autograph — $30.00

Reactions: Xavier and poncholo
thanks, guys!

It was an absolutely great time. The Con was a lot of fun when I wasn't standing in a line. The line for beer/liquor was insane, at times longer than any celebrity not named Lee or Reedus. The concession stands were the same, except there was never a lull for those lines.

Artist Alley was very nice. Tons of great artwork. One guy had these amazing pencil drawings of various characters; Thor, Iron Man, & Oscar the Grouch to name a few. His originals were insanely priced. But he did sell prints with hand etched color. For a while I thought I was going to pick one up, but than I remembered to check out C. Martin Croker's table.

Compared to others, his table was pretty boring. Had some prints of Zorak & Dr. Weird. Nothing impressive...except for his absolutely amazing cels which were cast off to the back right edge of his table, not really displayed at all. He told me he had to put them there after little kids were messing with them. Obviously decided to pick one of those up and that killed my art budget for the Con.

Mike Mignola was superiorly awesome. Seemed like the guy was simply there to give back to the fans. He had a few books for sale and a couple of small prints, but it wasn't like the guy was there to make money. He signed for free all weekend. It felt weird not having to pay to meet an artist & creator the caliber of Mignola....especially at a Wizard World Con.

New Orleans makes for a great vacation. A ton to see and do there. And the food, oh my god the food. I gained at least 5 pounds. All weekend it was po'boys, gumbo, jambalaya, and beignets. Make the trip if you ever get the chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xavier
Its funny you mention liquor lines. At ohio they had a few carts scattered around the center with designated areas to sit and drink. I could not recall chicago .... Then again chicago was sooo crazy with lines :( For sure learned my lesson.

Did you do any photo ops? Im betting your vip had one just curios if you did any others.

I love the artist ally I wish I would have checked out more in chicago....

Would def like to visit sometime.... Maybe in the next few years!

the thing about NO is that you can have alcohol anywhere. You can walk down the street drinking a beer. There are bars that sell "cocktails to-go". You can even buy alcohol at the IMAX theater at the city aquarium.

Just the one photo op with Michael & Linda. I wish I would've went for a Robert Englund photo. He was probably the best personality at the Con.

Reactions: Xavier