New York Comic Con (NYCC) (ReedPop) October 9-12, 2014

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Official HDN Instagram with fun coverage of event & more!

http://www.instagram.com/hidefninjaofficial

nycc-logo-low-res.jpg

October 9-12
Javits Center

VIP Sold Out
3 Day, 4 Day, Saturday, and Sunday tickets are sold out online, retailers will be getting tickets in July/August - Midtown comics may will be selling 4 day passes and will likely be the only retailer with the 4 day ticket at this point

Buy Individual day tickets here - while available

Thursday - $35
Friday - $45
Saturday - Sold Out Online will be available at retailers - $50
Sunday - Sold Out Online will be available at retailers - $45
3 Day - Sold Out Online will be available at retailers - $65
4 Day - Sold Out Online will be available at retailers - $95
Special Access VIP -Sold Out - $190
Ultimate Access VIP - Sold Out - $485

Local retailer tickets
Find your local retailer here

Here is the link to more information on New York Super Week

Here is the link to the NYCC Store Exclusives, Exhibitor Exclusives to follow

This should be the link for the Panels once announced - TBU in case it isn't

Here is a list of the Artists and Guests (not Artist Alley Yet) Coming to NYCC

Download the mobile App and get updates and keep track of your show

more info here:
http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Whos-Coming/Autographs/Free-Private-Autographing/

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    49 KB · Views: 457
Last edited by a moderator:
it is early, the full list will not be available until about 2-3 weeks before the full show even sdcc does not release their program until 2 weeks before the show. The only reason people already know is cause the movie studios release their information

because I like keeping track of the badges
Thurs: Beth
Fri: Maggie
Sat: Rick
Sun: Carol
Kids: Carl
Special Access: Andrea (comic)
Ultimate: ?

for those in NY the week before NYCC there is NYSuper Week with tons of activities

superweek are essentially activities that NYCC has teamed up with around NYC but not necessarily in the main show

go here: http://www.newyorksuperweek.com/Events/

Including:

An Evening with Pat Rothfuss and Paul & Storm
Arcade Breakfast
Arcade Breakfast
Ask Me Another
BATSU! Monday October 6, 2014
BATSU! Saturday October 4, 2014
BATSU! Thursday October 9, 2014
Black Girl Nerds Podcast
Comic Book Bears Podcast
Comics at Columbia: Past, Present, Future
Comics at Columbia: Past, Present, Future Opening
Cure You or Kill You: 19th Century Medical Science & Quackery
DJ Fusion
Dota 2 Tournament
Dota 2 Tournament
Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog Sing-Along and Joss Whedon-Themed Party
Dr. Who Trivia and Costume Contest
Geek Girl Brunch Presents: Fan Girls’ Night Out
H.P. Lovecraft Fest
Hatsune Miku
Hatsune Miku
Hot Sauce Takedown
I Don't Get It
Improv Face Off Friday October 10, 2014
Improv Face Off Friday October 3, 2014
Juan Epstein (live podcast)
Kevin Geeks Out
Macmillan Audio Presents: Science Fiction Audiobook Narrators Live!
Macmillan Audio Presents: Science Fiction Audiobook Narrators Live!
Mad World
Meet the Lady: Bullets & Bracelets and DJ Accident Report
Morning Musume
MORTIFIED's Salute to Sci-Fi & Fandom!
Muppet Vault: Superheroes!
Mythos
Nads
Nerd Comedy Hosted by Kevin Maher
Nerd Nite
Nerdist Writers Panel
New York Super Week Wrap-Up Party Presented by Sonicboombox
Punderdome 3000
Rave of Thrones: Kristian Nairn aka Hodor DJ set w/ Special Guests
RAWR! Burlesque in conjunction with New York Super Week Presents: Comic Con Vixens!
Rock Comic Con
Rock Star Karaoke
Run by the Gun
Sci Fi Explosion
Secret Identity Pub Quiz presented by Ghostery
Sega Of America Presents Sonic Boom 2014 Fan Event
Sex Nerd Sandra Presents: Boning 101 Workshop
Shipwreck with Welcome to Night Vale’s Cecil Baldwin
Singularity & Co and Dances of Vice Present Cosplay After Dark: A NYCC Mirror Universe
Slate’s Hang Up and Listen (Live Podcast)
SLIMED! Presents a Nite of Nickelodeon Nostalgic Nonsense!
The Art of Living Dead Dolls Book Party @ Ripley’s Times Square
The Big Quiz Thing
The First (and Probably Last) Annual New York Feline Film & Video Festival for Humans (Especially Kids)) (All Ages Show)
The First (and Probably Last) Annual New York Feline Film & Video Festival for Humans: New York Super Week Spectacular Edition (21+ Show)
The History of Music Video, Part One (the Dawn of Time until 1993)
The Karate Kid 30th Anniversary Cast Conversation and Screening
The Story Collider does Science Fiction!
The Thrilling Adventure Hour
The Thrilling Adventure Hour Presents: WorkJuice Improv Show & Panel
This Week in Marvel Podcast
Trivia AD
Writing & Producing for Genre Film and Television Workshop
Writing & Selling your Genre Television, Film, Comic Book and More…Workshop
X Japan Concert

• Informative
Reactions: spawnshop
It was inevitable that the art for New York Comic Con (NYCC) was going to celebrate Batman’s 75th Anniversary with him on the official poster. It is drawn by Francis Manapul who is a co-writer and artist for DETECTIVE COMICS and also known for drawing the THE FLASH. The idea is to show The Dark Knight as a protector of the boroughs of New York. I think it looks amazing and very fitting for the event and The Caped Crusader.

NYCC will be held at The Javits Center and it will run October 9-12, 2014

Here’s the hi-res version of the poster:

Continue reading...

yup I saw that a little annoyed that Staten Island is not on the poster anywhere. Also I really think DC should drop the batman 75 logo somewhere into the poster.

Also anyone in the NYC area should consider going to either of these two events, the second one is free beer for 3 hours :naughty:

HeroesVillains-NYCC14-FULL.jpg

CALLING ALL HEROES!
Do you have what it takes to save the world from mayhem? Prove it when you attend the first installment of NYCC Presents...Heroes! Come dressed to conquer evil and take part in the Heroes Costume Contest for a chance to win tickets to NYCC. Not into the whole tights and cape get up? Bring your pencils and sketch pad and fearlessly draw alongside fellow NYCC Fans in a hero-themed drawing competition, with prizes provided by our special NYCC Comic Guests! You’ll also have a chance to win tickets to NYCC 2014! There will be drink specials for the brave, freebees for the gutsy and an all-around good time for heroes and heroines alike!

When: September 5, 2014
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: RockBar NYC (185 Christopher St., NY, NY 60657), New York City
Special Guests: NYCC Comic Guests: Fred Van Lente, Greg Pak, Cory Smith

Think you have what it takes to be a hero? Space is limited so sign up before it’s too late!

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Events/Heroes-and-Villains/

Defender_V2_zps3e4ebafe.png

Join NYCC and Brooklyn Brewery for the Defender Launch Party
When: Wednesday, September 10 from 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
Where: Brooklyn Brewery
79 North 11th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11249
Who: 21+ only, please! We ID.
RSVP: Use the form below! Beer is included with your RSVP.

Come hang out with New York Comic Con and Brooklyn Brewery as we launch the Defender, the official beer of New York Super Week and New York Comic Con! Kick back and relax on this hump day with a pint of the Defender and mingle with other pop culture Fans for a pre-NYCC celebration. We'll be joined by Defender artist and Rocket Girl creator Amy Reeder with the opportunity for some awesome photo ops! Rock Candy Cakes will be unveiling a Defender cake based on Amy’s artwork and there may even be some exciting giveaways. You don't want to miss this. We'll see you there!

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Events/Defender-Launch-Party/

page just went live but they are again using the RFID badges, no surprise there, but the page went live or at least I just noticed it today

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Tickets/NYCC-ID/

New York Comic Con will be usisng RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Badges again in 2014. These Badges will be individual and personalized with your NYCC-ID. This means each NYCC-ID Badge contains a unique microchip that is unique to only your Badge. This little chip is being integrated to make your NYCC experience better, smoother, easier, safer and more fun! This little chip also ensures pesky counterfeiters can’t sell you a crappy, wannabe NYCC Badge. If you’re caught with a counterfeit Badge you’ll be asked to leave NYCC 2014 immediately. It sounds harsh, but we’re cracking down on the crooks to make your experience 100x cooler!

After peeling through the current list, I think they will add more

Exhibitors I am happy are there: DC (looks like again not in the main hall), WB shop, Marvel, Activision, Dark Horse, Weta, Factory Entertainment, NECA, and Capcom

Exhibitors that are not there that should be there because come on: Hasbro, Mattel (though I believe this is just this year), Funko, Hasbro, Sideshow, Entertainment Earth

I believe we are supposed to have a booth this year too.....

But still waiting for my Pro-Pass :( I hope it comes soon.

@spawnshop Is it your booth, the sumo guys or do you have something different or do you mean McFarlane? Cause that would probably just be the Image booth, no?

I saw ThreeA on the list

This Year New York Comic Con (NYCC) runs from October 9th-12th

It was recently announced that the casts Marvel’s new series Daredevil on Netflix, Marvel Animation, and Agents of S.H.I.L.D. will be attending panels at NYCC this year. These are tentative panels but the usually stick to the times.

-Marvel’s Daredevil, Exclusively on Netflix
-Panels Run Saturday, October 11 – 5:15 PM – -6:15 PM

Join the cast of Marvel’s Daredevil in their first-ever appearance with show-runner Steve DeKnight and moderator Jeph Loeb to answer questions and reveal secrets from the hotly-anticipated show debuting on Netflix in 2015.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
-Panels Run Friday, October 10 – 5:45 PM – 6:45 PM

Jeph Loeb returns with exciting news and the world premiere of all new episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. before it debuts on ABC!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Marvel Animation Presents
-Panels Run Friday, October 10 – 4:15 PM – 5:00 PM

Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television, brings you the biggest animation panel in this universe – or any other. Get an exclusive first look at content from Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. season two and the future of Marvel Animation.

Continue reading...