NFL and DirecTv Extend Sunday Ticket Contract Till 2014

holy crap that's a huge deal. Looks like Dish Network missed out again. Sucks to be them. lol
This is about a 43% increase to the last contract they did! :eek: Dish Network did not have the funds when it was a cheaper contract and now that DirecTv just gave them basically 1 billion a year (current contract till 2010) Dish Network does not have those funds either. They keep losing customers every quarter and DirecTv keeps gaining customers. The majority of new customers are HD customers. Looks like the advertising for DirecTv as the HD leader is finally paying off. Hey it means more money in my pocket ;)

I'm surprised Dish didn't put up a better fight to get in on that. Their problem though. Directv has surprised me though. They got the NFL Ticket, I'm gonna love the MLB channel etc.

There's still a few things about Direct that I don't like but I'm glad I switched over.

What are some things you don like? Both companies offer great things. It would be nice of my DVR would record from the OTA tuner like the Dish Network DVR. One feature I love though is being able to set my DVR from my phone :D

I liked DirecTV's business model, always trying to get new things out for their customers that's a cool thing. I switched once and didn't like them never again will I do that though. I can't wait for Dish DVR with Sling already installed :) I hate the fact that on DTV I'd have to get a sports package to get the channels I want when I get them free from Dish :) good thing I don't really care about football :) so Sunday Ticket is not a big deal to me. I am pissed about losing GolTV though that hit me man I was sad man lol lucky you Rick...

Yeah that's the vip922 and it has a 1TB HDD :eek: That reciever will not be free even for new customers. I don't know what the price is for current customers but I wouldn't be suprised that Dish will only give that reciever to new customers first and then 10 months later let their current customer get one. That's what they did with Turbo HD so I don't know. Ill keep you posted though Horhay. What channels are must haves for you? They have really changed the line up.

What are some things you don like? Both companies offer great things. It would be nice of my DVR would record from the OTA tuner like the Dish Network DVR. One feature I love though is being able to set my DVR from my phone :D

Well, for starters it seems I lose my signal alot more with Directv. If the snow gets on the receiver I have to go outside in the cold and snow to remove it to get my signal back. Never had that problem with Dish in Nebraska.

Another thing is that the remote just seems alot less responsive than the dish networks remote.

Yeah, the DVR stuff kind of sucks not being able to record from other boxes.

By the way, I need to upgrade to an HD box for my upstairs tv now. and maybe another standard box for my kid's room. Can you help me with that BigRick or should I just call them?

Well, for starters it seems I lose my signal alot more with Directv. If the snow gets on the receiver I have to go outside in the cold and snow to remove it to get my signal back. Never had that problem with Dish in Nebraska.

Another thing is that the remote just seems alot less responsive than the dish networks remote.

Yeah, the DVR stuff kind of sucks not being able to record from other boxes.

By the way, I need to upgrade to an HD box for my upstairs tv now. and maybe another standard box for my kid's room. Can you help me with that BigRick or should I just call them?

Hmm that means the installer didn't spray your satellite with repelant. The best way to upgrade is too call them. If you don't want to extend your contract then its gonna cost you 100 bucks but if don't mind they will give it to you free just ask and insist you don't want to pay for it.

Yeah that's the vip922 and it has a 1TB HDD :eek: That reciever will not be free even for new customers. I don't know what the price is for current customers but I wouldn't be suprised that Dish will only give that reciever to new customers first and then 10 months later let their current customer get one. That's what they did with Turbo HD so I don't know. Ill keep you posted though Horhay. What channels are must haves for you? They have really changed the line up.

Yeah I figured that was the case man, but it's ok I am not too worried about Tivo bs I want to be able to watch my stuff when I am out traveling :) lol anyways since we are looking to move and buy a new house waiting 10 months is not a big deal I am already beta testing Sling software on my current DVR and is awesome! I need Fox Sports West, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN en Español, FOX Sports Net, FOX Sports en Español, I used to have GOL TV not anymore now I have SETANTA Sports, NBA TV <------Those are my must haves :)

Horhay in regards to being able to watch your content while traveling. DirecTv has had that option for about almost a year now. Its called DirecTv2PC. I think Sling is more advanced though :(

I've had a sling box for like almost 4 years now, anything that DTV comes up with after Sling will need work brother :) my Sling is sweet I will seriously be hurt when my box dies!! :) they are a bit over priced but man they are worth it!! 4 yrs and is still solid! that's what a quality product is :)

Just buy a separate Slingbox man, then you can stream whatever you want. The Travel Channel? I have the Travel Channel? hmmm...they need Playboy TV in HD they just don't seem to upgrade that!! lol

Dude they are already working on a full Blackberry sling player, I believe they are on Beta and soon they will have it for iPhone and iPod Touch. Yeah Heff throw us a bone here! lol I got that channel for free :)