paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 28, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow) - £21.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £24.05 (Amazon)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until August 30

9e9e2ef9-056a-4678-b59a-120a8c29f65f.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

• High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentations of the 120-minute director’s cut, transferred from the original camera negative, and the 102-minute theatrical cut, transferred from the original interpositive
  • Lossless 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and uncompressed 2.0 PCM audio on the director’s cut
  • Uncompressed 2.0 PCM audio on the theatrical cut
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • New audio commentary on the theatrical cut by critics Adrian J Smith and David Flint
  • Audio commentary on the director’s cut by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Introduction to the director’s cut by Clive Barker and Mark Alan Miller
  • Walking the Line Between Heaven and Hell, a new video interview with critic Kat Ellinger
  • Speaking up for the Monsters, a new video interview with critic Kim Newman
  • Tribes of the Moon: Making Nightbreed, an extensive documentary on the making of the film, featuring actors Craig Sheffer, Doug Bradley, Anne Bobby and many more
  • Making Monsters, a documentary on the film’s creature designs, featuring special makeup designer Bob Keen
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts!, a video interview with second unit director Andy Armstrong
  • Deleted and alternate scenes
  • Monster Prosthetics Masterclass
  • Cutting Compromise, a video interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape, an exploration of the work of concept artist Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte painting tests
  • Makeup tests
  • Lost stop motion footage
  • Extended torture scene
  • Rehearsal test
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Rare TV spots
  • Multiple image galleries, including early sketches, set photos, poster and pre-production art, stills from the UK launch party at Tower Records, and more
  • Original screenplay (BD-ROM content)
  • Reversible sleeve feature original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Limited edition 40-page booklet, featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Amy Simmons and an in-depth history of the film’s development, release and rehabilitation by Mark Salisbury, co-author of Clive Barker’s Nightbreed: The Making of the Film

Reactions: Asopp
interesting that the Cabal Cut isn’t included would have thought Arrow would have had that sorted as they always go over & above on most of the titles

So is the cabal cut much longer than the directors cut? i have only seen the standard edition on DVD
This release has theatrical cut and directors cut
Directors Cut is 120-minute
Theatrical cut is 102-minute

Cabal cut was a limited Clive Barker store exclusive 145 minute version
Rights issues cut not be used
Info on that release now long sold out
Nightbreed, The Cabal Cut (Blu-ray Deluxe Edition) (Clive Barker Store Exclusive) [USA]

Ultimate Cut was a fan cut and got cancelled due to been not allowed
Info that it was been released was fake news on web

Reactions: karl01
Been waiting awhile for a decent release for this over in the UK :thumbs:

Ordered.

Amazon UK not listed yet but should be in next few days

Arrow is IMO the way to go as you get points.

I got one special/limited edition almost free with their points back in the day. And now I ordered this and American Werewolf and got almost 700 points ... :thumbs:

Arrow is IMO the way to go as you get points.

I got one special/limited edition almost free with their points back in the day. And now I ordered this and American Werewolf and got almost 700 points ... :thumbs:
I know about the arrow points been using them for years
I use arrow films store but sometimes amazon can end up been lot cheaper before release

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
I know about the arrow points been using them for years
I use arrow films store but sometimes amazon can end up been lot cheaper before release

...cannot see anyone going much lower than £22... (plus getting the points, yeah I'm repeating myself. lol) :rofl: Just so happy to see these 2 get special/limited editions that went straight ahead !

Reactions: paulboland
interesting that the Cabal Cut isn’t included would have thought Arrow would have had that sorted as they always go over & above on most of the titles
The Cabal Cut is about to be usurped by the Ultimate Cabal Cut anyway. (That is why the usually uber expensive Cabal cut Blu rays are dropping in price on ebay)

Huh.
It will likely show up in FanEdits as the work has obviously already been done.
No it won't be happening
People behind the release had no rights at all to attempt a release and have not done the release at all
All they did was a teaser video

They was not even allowed have a Twitter account

It's fake news the ultimate cut release and some main film websites fell for it :giggle:
The teaser video was what caught out some well known websites :LOL: