Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (SHOUT Exclusive Limited Edition) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
**LIMITED TO 10,000 COPIES; FIRST 1000 SOLD WILL INCLUDE A 18X24" POSTER FEATURING NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK**

RELEASE DATE: Oct. 28, 2014
PRICE: $79.97 (currently $55.98 at Amazon.com)
ORDER: Scream Factory & Amazon.com

Nightbreed.jpg

Specs revealed -
DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p, 1:78 Video
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
It's down to $52.52 now on Amazon.com now, comes out to around £49 if you let Amazon pay customs charges (AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping).

I decided to get this after watching it again (it's been 10 years for me), I think it's a must buy, had to be sure because of the price, this one will be hard to get for a good price in the future.

Last edited:
In all honesty now is the time to buy the LE if you're on the fence. Can't see it being much cheaper than that (you watch, it'll be $39.99 soon!!)

In all honesty now is the time to buy the LE if you're on the fence. Can't see it being much cheaper than that (you watch, it'll be $39.99 soon!!)

If there is a further drop in price the next 7 days you can ask for a price change refund from amazon.

Last edited:
It's down to $52.52 now on Amazon.com now, comes out to around £49 if you let Amazon pay customs charges (AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping).

I decided to get this after watching it again (it's been 10 years for me), I think it's a must buy, had to be sure because of the price, this one will be hard to get for a good price in the future.

When you are hit with custom charges from Amazon.ca they are giving back this money as we know from othere topic. How about Amazon.com is this the same or not?

When you are hit with custom charges from Amazon.ca they are giving back this money as we know from othere topic. How about Amazon.com is this the same or not?

The difference is Canada do not allow you to pick an option where customs are paid, Amazon US allows you to pick two options where they will pay your customs and handling, I suggest the AmazonGlobal Expedited shipping, I don't think Amazon will refund any import charges for this reason.

Reactions: galareta2332
The difference is Canada do not allow you to pick an option where customs are paid, Amazon US allows you to pick two options where they will pay your customs and handling, I suggest the AmazonGlobal Expedited shipping, I don't think Amazon will refund any import charges for this reason.

I would like to try, but i can't find where can i write an email about to Amazon. I was wondering through "help" and no luck:( Any ideas?

Mine has just arrived from DiabolikDVD, no customs packaged in a box very well so it's mint :) 4938/10000

Now to sit down and watch both the theatrical and DC!!

Watched the TC yesterday (only the second time of viewing the movie ever) and I was very surprised at how good the BD looked

Watched both the theatrical cut and directors cut over the past couple of days. The differences in the DC mainly are subtle aside from the ending but the DC is much improved over the theatrical film and certainly felt like a different movie IMO