Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (SHOUT Exclusive Limited Edition) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
**LIMITED TO 10,000 COPIES; FIRST 1000 SOLD WILL INCLUDE A 18X24" POSTER FEATURING NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK**

RELEASE DATE: Oct. 28, 2014
PRICE: $79.97 (currently $55.98 at Amazon.com)
ORDER: Scream Factory & Amazon.com

Nightbreed.jpg

Specs revealed -
DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p, 1:78 Video
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Delivered today that was quick it was only shipped on the 29th Oct
6 days to Rep of Ireland with standard shipping :thumbs:
No customs charges :thumbs:

I ordered this when it was originally limited to 5000 before the print run was increased to 10,000
So I'm slightly disappointed I got a numbered edition of 7,561 of 10,000
I would have preferred a number below 5,000

1505281_10204822359299360_2748915385127342227_n.jpg

1899986_10204822359339361_2855949539894226814_n.jpg

Last edited:
Delivered today that was quick it was only shipped on the 29th Oct
6 days to Rep of Ireland with standard shipping :thumbs:
No customs charges :thumbs:

I ordered this when it was originally limited to 5000 before the print run was increased to 10,000
So I'm slightly disappointed I got a numbered edition of 7,561 of 10,000
I would have preferred a number below 5,000

Was this from Amazon.com?

Mine is supposedly being delivered today (via the dreaded Yodel courier service) from Amazon.
I wont be receiving custom charges because they were already added to the total costs upon checkout.
I'm with you on the number preferences; under 5,000 would be nice.

Was this from Amazon.com?

Mine is supposedly being delivered today (via the dreaded Yodel courier service) from Amazon.
I wont be receiving custom charges because they were already added to the total costs upon checkout.
I'm with you on the number preferences; under 5,000 would be nice.
Yes was from amazon.com
Very quick delivery for Ireland especially with standard international delivery
I took the risk on getting hit for customs and luckily I avoided any customs payment

My copy from Amazon.com to the UK arrived today. To my fear, it was sent using a jiffy envelope.

I got 3,123 / 10,000 which I am happy with, but there is slight damage to the box :angry:

NB1.jpg

NB2.jpg

NB4.jpg

NB3.jpg

^^^ It looks like it could be damage caused during the production process rather than with Amazon themselves?

I couldn't risk not getting it - so I ordered it from Amazon.com. It was dispatched on Friday, so I've cancelled my other order. It's a bit more expensive, but at least I know it's on its way :)

I don't think Amazom.com are sold out
It has this
Item Under Review
This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible

It should be back as soon when whatever the problem was is fixed

It might have been some customers complaining about arriving damaged due to packaging

When I went to order it, it was sold out. They have since changed it to 'under review' as people are complaining about the poor packaging Amazon are using

When I went to order it, it was sold out. They have since changed it to 'under review' as people are complaining about the poor packaging Amazon are using

Yeah, both my initial order (see pics on this page) and my replacement had damage. They told me that they were taking the item off the website because it happened to me twice in a row.

I told them that there was no need to withdraw the item and just ship them in proper boxes with padding.

Reactions: cooey
Last edited: