Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (SHOUT Exclusive Limited Edition) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
**LIMITED TO 10,000 COPIES; FIRST 1000 SOLD WILL INCLUDE A 18X24" POSTER FEATURING NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK**

RELEASE DATE: Oct. 28, 2014
PRICE: $79.97 (currently $55.98 at Amazon.com)
ORDER: Scream Factory & Amazon.com

Nightbreed.jpg

Specs revealed -
DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p, 1:78 Video
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprisingly that's not a bad price from Movietyme!

That's what I thought , roughly the same as my Amazon.com price with customs prepayment . Unusual for them.

Just checked Amazon and it's listed again (not for sale) and my order links to it . I suspect they sold so fast that Amazon may have yanked the listing just in case they oversold their allocation .

Paranoia over.

Love this film Have a copy on VHS LOL

Remember meeting Clive at London Comic Con around the time the film came out & he did me a sketch of Peloquin.

Region Locked..Damn! :( At least that saves me quite a bit of money!

This has now been upped from 5000 units to 10000 units due to how well it's selling. All will still be numbered, and I would expect this to reappear on Amazon.com soon ;)

Yup, changed over my order from .com to .ca - £36 shipped with 2-3 day shipping and (hopefully) no customs!

Specs revealed -

DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

I would advise ordering it now mate whilst it's a decent price as I think it'll only go back up again

As posted by Shout Factory for the limited edition -

Rigid slipcase houses two blu-ray cases. 1 case has the Director's Cut and Bonus Disc. The other case has the theatrical cut. A collector's booklet is also included