Ninja tip: How to purchase a steelbook from a group buy

Actarus

Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
フリード
Hey,
Since this will be my first GB I wanted to know, how exactly the buying-process works. Do I have to post the version I want in an reply-post in the GB-thread when it comes online or is there a kind of shopping cart I add the version to and check out like in many online stores?
Kind regards,
burgadon

I find that a Visual Aid is helpful if you never have done a Group Buy here on HDN.

1) Click on ''GROUP BUYS'' on top of the Page

Screen shot 2018-11-15 at 5.58.48 PM.png

2) You will be redirected to a list of Different Group Buys, ''Click/Select'' on the one edition you are interested by

Screen shot 2018-11-15 at 5.55.04 PM.png

3) You will then be redirected to the Group Buy for the release you chose and simply click on the Button ''ORDER NOW FOR XX.XX$ USD

Screen shot 2018-11-15 at 6.00.00 PM.png

4) Once you have clicked on the ORDER NOW BLUE BUTTON, A Pop Up will Appear. You must accept the terms and conditions. Once you do so, you will be redirected to paypal to make your payment. Only once payment is done, your copy will be secured. After you made your payment via paypal, you will be redirected back to HDN.

Hopes this helps :thumbs:

Attachments

• hdn.png
    hdn.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Thanks very helpful.
I think a point 5) would also be useful. How the GB performs after payment.
Thanks

Depends on the GB host you are working with. Some will invoice you for shipping when the item becomes available. Others ask you pay for shipping when you are ready to combine with other items or other requests.

Reactions: Steel.light
Hi there

I’m new not sure what I’m doing just learning things on is forum and hopeful to make friends and start purchasing my steelbook on here regular basic.

It’s my first time I’m going to buy in group I would appreciate if you can give me tips and help

Cheers

Hi there

I’m new not sure what I’m doing just learning things on is forum and hopeful to make friends and start purchasing my steelbook on here regular basic.

It’s my first time I’m going to buy in group I would appreciate if you can give me tips and help

Cheers
Hi @Raz316, welcome to the forum. The tips in the first post here should help you and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Enjoy the forum!:)

hi all! just wanted to post an update in regards to the group buys that I host for members here. Been a lot of new folks lately (and that's great to see by the way), but thought it might be useful to post a public message for additional clarity.

Many members here have been working with me for a decade or more, so sometimes I'll take their understanding for granted.

Here's a quick summary MY group buy process (remember this will be different from each group buy host you work with!)

Typically what I'm doing is waiting for all the items you have ordered to arrive, and then I'm inspecting them and returning any damaged ones, and re-ordering replacements (if possible). I don't update members individually.
If there's a delay or something to note about the group buy, usually I will post an update in the release discussion thread, or the group buy itself if it's a big update.

That being said, I can see everything someone has already pre-ordered with me, so if I see another order or two that's not yet been released, I'm typically waiting until we get to that steelbook to see if a member has purchased any more
or has reached out with a question.

I put together your custom orders as I get time - often I will try and organize during the week and hopefully bubble wrap and box up over a weekend.

But with a 2 year old toddler, it's kind of random when I get the time together, so I'm not as speedy as I used to be. :)

And finally, members will typically wait until they are ready to ship to pay for shipping. I know folks work on a budget and don't always have the shipping funds at the moment I'm ready to ship (or do have the funds but purchase in advance of their item
is out).

so I made a group buy that lets members purchase shipping to their location whenever they decide they want to pay for it. when I see members have paid for shipping, out those steelbook purchases go in the mail. Again,
SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR STEELBOOK PURCHASE!

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
hi andy@apsmith21, hope you're well,
i tried to post in your New Group Buy process thread but i noticed that it's already closed so i posted my question here

last 2 times that i've been participating this new Group Buy i needed to put my address both times, is there anyway to save the address or do we need to do that every time? or am i missing something? thank you in advance :thumbs:

Reactions: Granada
hi andy@apsmith21, hope you're well,
i tried to post in your New Group Buy process thread but i noticed that it's already closed so i posted my question here

last 2 times that i've been participating this new Group Buy i needed to put my address both times, is there anyway to save the address or do we need to do that every time? or am i missing something? thank you in advance :thumbs:
Yeah unfortunately that’s how it has to be going forward.

The address gets passed to the credit card processor for verification.

We don’t want the forums storing your personal info like that.

Reactions: goufcustom
Hi, quick question, has the 'my purchases' been moved from the group buys section as i cant seem to find it?

thanks

Due to a recent upgrade of the core software, a bug was created that impacts the use of our marketplace features.

It’s been reported to the developer and I’m waiting on a fix.

Sorry for any trouble!

Reactions: deadlyleadly
Due to a recent upgrade of the core software, a bug was created that impacts the use of our marketplace features.

It’s been reported to the developer and I’m waiting on a fix.

Sorry for any trouble!
@apsmith21
Is this due to the above as well.
if you look at the group buys section you don’t see the to buy/ unavailable button, or how many copies left/ sold etc.
fine yesterday but there seems to be have been a change
or is it just me? I am logged in …

checked again today still no view is this

thanks

@apsmith21
if you look at the group buys section you don’t see the to buy/ unavailable button, or how many copies left/ sold etc.

thanks
Yeah, no Buy buttons, half the sections are gone, it's basically not working right now.

• Informative
Reactions: snow flake
@apsmith21

thanks

Yeah, no Buy buttons, half the sections are gone, it's basically not working right now.

Thanks @Lenny Nero, at least I know it’s not just me

Correct. I did a forum upgrade over the weekend and the core feature caused a conflict with our marketplace. I'm waiting on an update from the DEV, so it remains off for now so it doesn't impact the rest of the site and make it unusable.